(08-17-2004) New U2 Album Called 'Solaris'? - Aftonbladet*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
New U2 Album Called 'Solaris'?

Surely to stoke the passions of U2 fans the world over, rock journalist Per Bjurman in Swedish newspaper, Aftonbladet is reporting today that the new U2 album is to be titled "Solaris" -- a title very similar to "Solar," a title which turned out to be false after much heated debate and doctored posters provided by a Universal Records employee in South America last year. The press currently reports that the new U2 record will be titled "Vertigo" when it is released in November 2004, although no official confirmation has been provided for this title.

Below is the translation an Interference.com reader has sent in. While we have no independent confirmation on the "Solaris" title just yet, the reader sent an email inquiry to Bjurman who replied stating the title had been confirmed "by the record label." More information to come - stay tuned!

"One of the supposely best-sellers that I look especially much forward to is U2's "Solaris" in November. Since the almost tremendously succesfully Irish have enough money to keep a low releaserate their records are always big happenings and this one is rumoured to be the best one in decades. And maybe we can figure out if that is true sooner than they have planned. When The Edge lost an unmixed version of the album in Paris and the whole internet is open."

The original article from Aftonbladet is available here:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,519440,00.html

Many thanks to Bernhard!

Highly unlikely - according to the Oxford dictionary 'Solaris' is a word invented by Sun Microsystems to describe their operating environment..

not very rock n'roll is is !

Jim said:
Highly unlikely - according to the Oxford dictionary 'Solaris' is a word invented by Sun Microsystems to describe their operating environment..

not very rock n'roll is is !

I agree. this sounds bogus. The name seems to close to Solar.

Although, it could be legitimate. :wink:

I can see it now! Unix and U2 bring you Solaris. It could be the biggest cross-platform propaganda ever!!!

I did a WHOIS on U2Solaris.com and nothing came up. solaris.com does indeed point to Sun Microsystems. <g> I think this story is a red herring.

that's right, there is a george clooney movie called solaris!
this title must be wrong.
but now that it is out there--the rumor will spread as if it is the title.
it was talked about on the radio in providence this morning.
the dj said the new single "vertigo" will be relased sep. 24.
(we knew this already)
then she said the album will come out in november and is rumored to be called solaris.
we'll just have to wait and see, i guess......

Back
Top Bottom