(08-16-2006) Bono. Geldof, Branson Invited to Peace Concert -- PRWeb*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono, Geldof, Branson Invited to Produce "World's Biggest Peace Concert"

Organizers for “World’s Biggest Peace Concert” (Global “See-Peace”) invite Bono, Sir Bob Geldof, and Sir Richard Branson to attend Atlanta press conference for: “I Have A Dream” Anniversary -- August 28th ... “Please bring President Clinton too,” they proclaim.

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 16, 2006 -- Courageous peacemakers in Dr. Martin Luther King’s Birthplace (Atlanta: City of Peace) are very excited about the prospect of having Bono, Sir Bob Geldof, and Sir Richard Branson speak at their upcoming press conference. These globally respected citizens of our Global Family are urgently needed to endorse and announce plans for “World’s Biggest Peace Concert” (one year away). The press conference is scheduled for August 28th (exact anniversary-date of Dr. King’s world famous speech: “I Have A Dream!” However concert organizers have yet to receive any RSVPs.

John R. Naugle, Lead Coordinator of the 2007- Global “See-Peace” Concert, proclaims… “Bono, Sir Bob Geldof, and Sir Richard Branson, please drop what you’re doing, and make plans to speak at our press conference August 28th. Please accept leadership/founding position to be Executive Producers of: ‘The World’s Biggest Peace Concert.’ Let’s bring a 300,000 live audience to Atlanta on “I Have A Dream” Anniversary-2007, plus a 3 billion televised-audience. Your important facilitation of this historic event will greatly advance the social-responsibility goals of: ONE.org and Virgin Group.”

Concert organizers will announce plans for creating “The World’s Biggest Peace Concert” on August 28th -- “I Have A Dream” Anniversary. This group of peacemakers has been transformed thru the inspiration of LIVE-8. The historic LIVE-8 Concert inspired billions of people around the Earth. The Global “See-Peace” Concert was born out of this inspiration. Naugle states: “Let’s honor the one-year anniversary of LIVE-8 and join together to recreate its success… right here in Dr. Martin Luther King’s Birthplace. Now please bring ONE.org, Virgin Music, and Virgin Galactic to Atlanta: City of Peace.”

Organizers of “The World’s Biggest Concert” remind people of this powerful fact: the historic LIVE 8 Concert addressed one of Dr. King’s 3-Evils (Poverty) for one continent (Africa). They wholeheartedly encourage Bono, Sir Geldof, and Sir Branson by proclaiming: “Please come to Dr. King’s Birthplace to address all 3-Evils (Poverty, Racism, and Violence) for all continents: Global Peace for our Global Family. On August 28, let’s announce plans for “The World’s Biggest Peace Concert” (Note: this is also the 100th anniversary-year of Gandhi’s founding of the Peace Movement, and the 50th anniversary-year of Dr. King’s first peace-action!”

With the powerful support of Bono, Geldof, and Branson, plus assistance with PR, and a few telephone calls to other press conference invitees/dignitaries (i.e., President Bill Clinton and others) the Global “See-Peace” Concert initiative could discover some significant launch-success.

John R. Naugle, Lead Coordinator of the 2007- Global “See-Peace” Concert, proclaims… “Bono, Sir Geldof, and Sir Branson, it is imperative that WE announce plans for creating “The World’s Biggest Peace Concert” on August 28th -- “I Have A Dream” Anniversary. Our Global Family desperately needs additional degrees of Global Peace. We can set powerful, courageous, and inspiring new precedents for our New Century and new Millennium ahead. In addition, WE can greatly further the goals (supported by 700+ organizations worldwide) now registered with The United Nations International Decade for a Culture of Peace: www.Decade-Culture-of-Peace.org. In addition, WE can greatly inspire the 1400+ Peace-Cities of 119 nations registered with the global organization... Mayors for Peace: www.MayorsforPeace.org.

Aside from developing “The World’s Biggest Peace Concert” organizers are also planning to create: “The World’s Biggest Peace Garden” (ATL): www.PL-G.org; “The University of Peace-No. America” (ATL): www.UPatl.org, and “The Global Peace Museum” (ATL): www.GlobalPeaceMuseum.org. This group is certain their courageous mayor- Shirley Franklin was also inspired by LIVE-8. Mayor Franklin recently led a group of business, civic, and business leaders to remove Dr. King’s historical collection of papers from Sotheby’s Auction-House, purchase them for $32 Million, and return them to his birthplace.

Andrea Kay Smith, founder of Partnerships In Peace and concert co-creator states: “Bono, Sir Geldof, and Sir Branson, please telephone President Clinton and urge him to also attend the August 28th press conference with you. Note: on your way to Atlanta, will you please stop by NYC and pick him up?"

Organizers of “The World’s Biggest Concert” believe Sir Branson, and his Virgin Music Company would be a great co-producer of “The World’s Biggest Peace Concert.” In addition, Branson’s “World’s 1st Commercial Spaceline”-Virgin Galactic 2008 Maiden-Flight is just around-the-corner. The Atlanta Peacemakers group needs Sir Branson to accept their proposal to carry our Team4Peace and a Peace-Flag (setting a GREAT new millennium precedent). Bono & Sir Bob Geldof are invited to announce their acceptance of the invitation to be Executive Producers of our 2007-Global “See-Peace” Concert (“The World’s Biggest Peace Concert”).

Bono, Sir Bob Geldof, Sir Richard Branson are the peace project’s international dignitaries/invitees. Several dignitaries from various parts of the US have also been invited to the Aug. 28 press conference. Bono, Sir Geldof, and Sir Branson… have been reminded that only a few simple telephone calls on their part will bring GREAT success to the upcoming press conference August 28th.

Please see complete details here (www.See-Peace.org) regarding specific invitations to: President Clinton, ATL-Mayor Shirley Franklin, Mike Eskew/UPS, Arun Gandhi (grandson), Dexter Scott King (Dr. King's son), President Jimmy Carter, GA-Governor Sonny Perdue, ATL's-Nobel Peace Prize Nominees: Senator Sam Nunn, Ted Turner, Dr. John Endicott, plus R.E.M., Peter Conlon, Louis D'Amore/IIPT, Dr. Jeffrey Sachs/UNMDG, Dr. Deepak Chopra/PWGC, Steve Leeper/MFP, Dr. Helen Caldicott/WAND-PSR-NPRI, Alice Lovelace/USSF, Dr. Cheryl Tarr/USDoP, James C. Kennedy, George Hirthler, Yael Oestreich.

I wonder what Bono`s response will be?
I read somewhere that he found organising Live 8 very stressful and shouldn`t he be working on the next album during next year not organising another massive concert?
Somehow I don`t think Bob Geldof willl be keen either.
Putting this out public is a very brave move before any of the big names agree to it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems like Live Aid was such a success because it had never been done before. I feel like Live 8 was kind of a flop, not any fault of the artists, but in my experience the only people that cared/watched were people already actively involved in the campaigns it supported. I wonder if their time and resources could be better spent...

I agree with the course, and I agree with the reasons why they invite Bono, Geldof and Branson, but I don't agree with the way they "invite" them, or rather force them to become part of the concert.

Great cause, but, again, I find it very impolite to make this "invitation" public before they have received any confirmation. Something tells me these people want to copy Live 8 and need someone to organize and promote their event. I always feel uncomfortable with such things being made public in such a way before anything is confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom