(08-16-2005) Sharon on boring Bono - Radio 1*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Sharon on boring Bono

'The X Factor' was launched yesterday (Monday) and they're promising more talent and less bitching.

However, Simon Cowell has admitted he's out for revenge after Louis' band, G4, beat last year's winner, Steve Brookstein, on sales.

It's fair to say that Steve's career has hardly soared but, despite that, Simon told us he reckons the music industry needs 'The X Factor'.

However, a cackling Sharon Osbourne took the opportunity to have a dig at one of the world's biggest bands:

Simon: "The music business at the moment is not exactly a barrel of laughs. We're not going to go out with Coldplay and have a fun evening!"

Sharon: "It wouldn't be a knees-up!"

Simon: ""I think if we're going to make a talent show, let's make it as fun and as crazy and as real as we can."

Sharon: "Talk about a knees-up? Have you seen U2's live show? It's boring as hell. It's like watching CNN."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/entertainment/050816_xfactor.shtml

Having seen bits of her husband's show on TV, she is no position to talk about anyone else being a boring show.

This coming from someone who raises drug addicts for children and a husband who can't speak in complete sentences. Ozzy is a has been Sharon! He is a no-talent moron who can't sing a lick. Who the hell is Sharon Osborne anyway/ This woman had a successful talk-show - oh wait no one watched it I forgot.

U2girl said:
Having seen bits of her husband's show on TV, she is no position to talk about anyone else being a boring show.

Amen to that. A pity she can't see how truly ridiculous and void of any cultural importance she and her kids really are.

Simon Cowell talking about Coldplay and U2 - what a joke. This is a guy who thinks Rueben Stoddard was a great talent.

U2matthew said:
Simon Cowell talking about Coldplay and U2 - what a joke. This is a guy who thinks Rueben Stoddard was a great talent.

In Rueban's defense, he has been the victim of not being in control of his recording career, and hasn't had the money to do like Kelly Clarkson has done in order to control hers. The people who win any acclaim on American Idol are signed to very stringent contracts, which is why they all battle to get out of them, including being a puppet and told what kind of songs you are supposed to sing.

I don't watch AI, and don't care for the music the contestants point out, but wanted to make this clarification about Rueban, who actually has a great soulful voice, he just hasn't been allowed to use it yet.

Simon Cowell is an obnoxious creep who somehow is a pop cultural icon. Westlife is the Irish version of the Backstreet Boys. In America, they are DOA. Shows you that he is not this genius that he claims to be.

U2 is the most critically and commercially acclaimed band on the planet. Maybe for Sharon Osbourne, doing a boring reality show where you have zero family values and nutjobs for children is ok. Obviously she has never seen U2. Must be all the plastic surgery she has gotten.

Sharon Osbourne & Simon Cowell are entitled to their opinions.
They are of no consequence to me whatsoever, though, so anything they have to say on ANY issue holds the same interest for me as a cup of day-old oatmeal. :|

:shame: on you guys for letting these two upset you. :wink:

:huh: For sure we shouldn't let these comments upset us...it's coming from people who are stuck in drugs, who have a bloody-minded father...Do we need to add that they do a boring show...when there SO much more to learn in the world instead of stupidites... and stupidities....?!?!?

Anyway, they don't know what they're talking about, I guess that they're just jealous that Bono is having more popularity with Peace, Love, Justice, Respect instead of abusing alcool and drugs for a karma!!!!

U2 Now and For Ever...For ALWAYS!!! Even with stupid comments like that...

BluRmGrl said:
Sharon Osbourne & Simon Cowell are entitled to their opinions.
They are of no consequence to me whatsoever, though, so anything they have to say on ANY issue holds the same interest for me as a cup of day-old oatmeal. :|

:lmao:

well-said! Humanity is an 'interesting' thing to watch sometimes, with the likes of these two grabbing headlines.

U2Girl1978 said:
I really really hope Bono says something back to this broad. She is such a boring, plastic surgery seeking, idiotic mindless twit. Someone needs to gag her please! :angry:

The fact that he probably won't just shows how much more class he has than her. :rolleyes:

The Osbournes need to realize that their heyday has long since passed. 2002 was three years ago, get over it already.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

The fact that he probably won't just shows how much more class he has than her. :rolleyes:
:yes: I was just going to say the same thing! I'm glad that we probably WON'T hear anything from him about this!

Wow... so THAT'S what Sharon Osbourne has been doing these days... :wink:

Has-beens can be so hi-larious! Thank you Simon Cowell and Sharon!

You know I never realized that U2's live show was boring because they CARE about their fans! They know we don't want to see animal sacrifices and promote the use of drugs. At least Bono is getting out there and trying to do something right. Sorry but the Osbournes are the last ones I would want my future kids to admire! As for Simon Cowell give me a break already! Both of these two jokers are just out to seek attention anyway that they can get it.

oh and so you know... she actually advertises the local supermarket here in the UK called ASDA

I am sure that Sharon Osbourne needs someone to eat animals on stage to make it "fun" for her. Sorry Oz isn't the best performer in the land. I guess people don't find him fun either...or it could be the lack of talent thing.

So, now that everyone has gotten the initial anger at Sharon's comments out of their system, exactly how exciting are U2's shows, at the moment? Looking at the Vertigo Tour objectively, if possible, is there any reason why someone else with their toes in the business would see this show and say it was 'boring'?

Honestly from my personal perspective and without being biased. I don't see anything that would make U2's show boring. Unless someone isn't into listening to Bono's speeches. Doesn't bother me in the least bit I enjoy hearing him talk,lol. But in all seriousness I think the crowd's reaction at the shows pretty much say that they are enjoying it! I had the time of my life at the concert back in May. The light shows are amazing and the whole atmosphere is just electric! That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom