(08-13-2005) U2 Fans Line Up Two Days Before Final European Concert -- AFP*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Fans Line Up Outside of Stadium Two Days Before Final European Concert

LISBON (AFP) - Fans of the Irish rock band U2 have started queuing up outside a Lisbon stadium that will on Sunday night host the group's final European concert of their latest world tour to ensure they get a good view of the stage, Portuguese media reported.

Spanish siblings Andres, 22, and his sister Paloma, 16, set up camp outside of the gates of the stadium on Friday at noon, making them the first in line to enter the venue, cable news channel Sic-Noticias reported.

"It will be the first time that we see them in concert and we really want to enjoy it," Andres told the station.

The brother and sister, who paid scalpers 800 euros (995 dollars) each for their tickets, said they spent their time reading and playing cards and their mother stood in for them when they went to a nearby hotel to shower.

The 52,000 tickets for the concert at Alvalade stadium have been sold out since March.

The band's worldwide Vertigo tour, its first in four years, will conclude in mid-December in the US.

Before the concert Portuguese President Jorge Sampaio will present the four members of the band with the Order of Liberty, one of the nation's highest honours, in recognition of their humanitarian efforts.

U2 frontman Bono, along with fellow band members The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, have spearheaded a global push to tackle African poverty, most recently during last month's Live 8 concert in London.

im sorry but spending 1000 bucks for 1 GA ticket to a stadium show is moronic.

Chizip said:
im sorry but spending 1000 bucks for 1 GA ticket to a stadium show is moronic.

If I had the money and had no other means of obtaining a ticket, I'd do it.

But I will never have the kind of money where I could afford to just throw out a grand on a concert ticket, so I guess I'll never have to worry about that. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom