(08-11-2004) Scissor Sisters To Support U2? - Undercover*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Scissor Sisters To Support U2?

Word has surfaced that Scissor Sisters have been lined for the support slot for the next U2 tour after U2's Bono was spotted at one of their gigs. Scissor Sisters played at the PS1 Contemporary Art Center in New York on Saturday. Bono was in the crowd checking out the show.

"He was there checking them out for a possible support slot on the next U2 tour" an industry insider tells Undercover News.

Scissor Sisters have been getting a various celebs at their shows on the current US tour. Robbie Williams was in the crowd at the Los Angeles gig last week. They've also recently been in the studio working on new material with Kylie Minogue.

By Paul Cashmere

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/aug04/20040811_scissorsisters.html

They did a cover of Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb', which was unrecognizable. They sound a bit like the White Stripes to my partly deaf ears.

Check out their songs on itunes - I have their song "take your mama" - It's fun - I'm thinking more 80's sound something like erasure (sp) - interesting

As long as they don't do that god-awful cover of The Greatest Song Ever Written(TM), Comfortably Numb. I'm sorry but I may not be able to stay for U2 if they mutilate my song like that live. :(

I do like their cover of Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out." "Tell Your Mama" sounds very Elton John-ish to me, not that that's a bad thing, but I don't see their sound meshing very well with U2's.

They are very 80s glam pop. Fun stuff. I got "It Can't Come Quickly Enough" stuck in my head for 2 consecutive days

i went to their website and they just are a little too stupid
for my taste. do they really deserve to open for u2?

I've never heard of them either. I sure would hate to hear "Comfortably Numb" murdered while waiting for U2. Maybe I won't consider it murder.

Absolutely terrible. Kelis was bad enough last time, but this will be TOO much. Their SHOCKING cover of Comfortably Numb is just utter rubbish. Just another 1 album band that no-one will remember in 5 years time.

i will probably like them if i hear more stuff from them. I liked PJ harvery but to be honest, she didn't fit the crowd and it was a shame 'cause it seemed as though no one gave her much of a chance or were willing to. This is probably going to be the same reaction with this band opening.

Back
Top Bottom