(08-10-2005) Arcade Fire to open Cdn. U2 gigs - Jam!*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Arcade Fire to open Cdn. U2 gigs

By JAM! Music

Montreal buzz band The Arcade Fire are set to open three Canadian shows for Irish rockers U2, according to their label's website.

Merge Records has announced the warm-up dates will include Ottawa's Corel Centre on Nov. 25, and Montreal's Bell Centre on Nov. 26 and Nov. 28.

U2 has been using The Arcade Fire's track "Wake Up" as an intro to their performances on their current world tour.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/08/10/1166854.html

Wouldn't that be amazing if they somehow managed to do U2's final setup while The Arcade Fire was playing, so that Wake Up could be played live right before U2 came on?

:drool:

That's pretty cool! I'd like to see them, too bad they won't be here in the US... I haven't heard much of them, but what I have heard I generally like...

Visit a Arcade Fire fansite and see all their fans screaming "Sell Out." Indie attitude continues to rule the land. Terrible.

Last edited:
How lucky are those fans? I wish they could open Toronto on the 14th of September for U2 but I think they already have a gig for that night....sadness!!!:sad:

They're a great band, and I'm officially addicted. Plus, they're Canadian, eh! Not half bad for local talent, I must say:wink:

Hipster attitudes are fucking redonkulous. So snotty and such a waste of time and energy. These AF/U2 shows will be fantastic. Hipsters can eat it.

Is there any chance that Arcade Fire could open for just one of the Boston shows, Please!!!!
AF is a very special band. Their album Funeral is top notch - no filler on it at all (just like U2)

Back
Top Bottom