(08-04-2004) Rock star Bono sings at Buffett funeral in Omaha - Omaha.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Rock star Bono sings at Buffett funeral in Omaha

BY MICHAEL KELLY
WORLD-HERALD COLUMNIST

Rock music star Bono sang at a private funeral in Omaha for Susan Buffett, wife of investor Warren Buffett.

The service, limited almost entirely to members of the immediate family, occurred Monday morning at Countryside Community Church, 8787 Pacific St.

Susan Thompson Buffett died of a stroke Thursday in Wyoming as she and her husband visited friends. She recently had survived cancer.

Her body will be cremated.

Bono, lead singer of the Irish group U2, is active in a number of causes, including AIDS awareness and prevention- which also was one of Susan Buffett's causes.

He flew into Omaha on Sunday night and departed shortly after the service.

Debbie Bosanek, a spokeswoman for the Buffetts' holding company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., said the couple's three grown children - Peter, Susan and Howard - spoke at the service, as did grandchildren.

Copyright ?2004 Omaha World-Herald?.
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=1166147

Thanks to Debbie!

MY BOSS MET BONO!!!!!!!!!!!

MY BOSS MET BONO!
MY BOSS WAS AT THE FUNERAL. I WORK IN A BAR DOWN IN THE OLD MARKET HERE IN OMAHA. MY BOSS HAS A CONNECTION W/ THE BUFFETS. THEY ARE FRIENDS. BONO SANG ALL IWANT IS YOU AT THE FUNERAL. MY BOSS HAD CONVERSATIONS W/ HIM AND WATCH HIM PLAY. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT WHEN HE TOLD ME! IT'S TO BAD HE HAD TO MEET HIM ON THESE CIRCUMSTANCES. I HOPE U2 COMES TO THE BIG O ON THIS NEXT TOUR! IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR OUR CITY! WE HAVE A NEW CONVENTION CENTER AND ARENA WHICH IS SO FAN FRIENDLY AND ARTIST FRIENDLY. I'VE SEEN ALOT OF SHOWS SINCE OPENING AND EVERYONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN GREAT EXPERIENCES. WE WERE VOTED IN THE TOP FIVE MOST CONCERT TICKET SALES IN THE PAST YEAR!!! U2 PLEASE COME TO OMAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COUNTING THE DAYS UNTIL NOVEMBER ALBUM RELEASE!!!!!
THE FLY

This is one of the sweetest things that I have heard of Bono doing this year.:wink:

He has always been and probably always will be someone who is ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP AND COMFORT those who are in need.

That is the sign of a TRULY EXCELLENT human being.:yes:

For those of us who Love and Respect him and who have an understanding of WHY he does some of the things that he does,
BONO IS SIMPLY THE BEST!:bono: :heart: :heart: ;) :angel: :hug:

:yes: :up: :kiss: Ahh, that is sweet of Bono to take the time to do this for a friend! Gosh-wish he'd sing at mine-but then I Really would miss meeting him in the end-all puns intended!! ha-LOl:wink: To:thefly30-Really cool that your boss got to meet Bono! Too bad u couldn't have been your boss's personal assistent-That day!!! ha-lol:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom