(08-04-2004) Bono Kisses Scissor Sisters' Ring -- TeenMusic.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Kisses Scissor Sisters' Ring

The Scissor Sisters were stunned when Irish rocker Bono turned up at their New York gig and kissed singer Ana Matronic's ring.

The Laura band were playing at an art museum in Long Island as the last date of their American tour and were amazed by the crowds of fans watching them from roofs and hanging out of windows.

The experience became even more bizarre when the crowd divided, revealing the U2 frontman.

Ana Matronic explains, "In walks Bono. I was like - OK, let's chalk this up to another one of my incredibly surreal experiences this past year.

"It really is sort of like the Pope walking in the room. The crowd parts and you hear this sort of high pitched, ahhh, ahhh. He does seem to not really walk but sort of hover."

"He came up to me and said, 'Let me kiss the ring', and I was like, 'What? I should be saying that to you, fool.'"

--TeenMusic.com

Can anyone tell the uninformed among us what this may be about? I am completely unaware of the Scissor Sisters and consequently of what "kissing the ring" is all about.

Thanks!

Maybe it comes from the tradition of if you're Catholic and you meet the pope, you are supposed to either kneel or genuflect and kiss his ring. I'm Catholic but I'm not versed in papal etiquette as I've never had a chance to meet the pope.

Back
Top Bottom