Go Back   U2 Feedback > 'Zine (archived) > U2 News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Catman
^^^ I KNOW! I so want to hear this! Unfortunately, I keep getting this message...

"Sorry, you do not have the correct member status to access this section..."

Rats...
I should stress that this is hardly a song for a party. This is really a very somber song - similar to some of the JT era b-sides (especially those on "With or Without You"). In other words, think "Walk on the Water" and "Luminous Times", not "Spanish Eyes" or "Sweetest Thing". Bono hums for what seems like the first 2 minutes of the song - the does more humming at the end. The end humming also has this maginificent Bono wail. It's a very haunting and perhaps morose track. Then again, given its theme, it is the perfect tone.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:21 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:45 AM
Don't bother posting a link to a popular free file upload website, you U2.com people.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:12 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho

I should stress that this is hardly a song for a party. This is really a very somber song - similar to some of the JT era b-sides (especially those on "With or Without You"). In other words, think "Walk on the Water" and "Luminous Times", not "Spanish Eyes" or "Sweetest Thing". Bono hums for what seems like the first 2 minutes of the song - the does more humming at the end. The end humming also has this maginificent Bono wail. It's a very haunting and perhaps morose track. Then again, given its theme, it is the perfect tone.
I know, that's exactly what I was hoping for! A very chilled and free-flowing track.

by the way, my e-mail is filmfanatic@gmail.com

...just in case anyone was wondering... and I'm hoping they were
Old 08-07-2006, 02:25 AM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:45 AM
Just listened to it, and it's beautiful. Very haunting, and extremely well done. Can't wait to get the rest of this album!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:03 AM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 07:45 AM
my email is yonzyw@aol.com if anyone would be so kind...
Old 08-07-2006, 06:51 AM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Don't bother posting a link to a popular free file upload website, you U2.com people.

????? That's not very nice! I assume you are referring to me. I was only trying to help. I am a paid u2.com member and thought putting the link in would let others have a listen.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

No, I don't think it was meant at anyone nor meant to be insulting. As Canadiens doesn't have a U2.com membership, the hope was one of us would convert the file to mp3 and upload it somewhere. However, as this is a legitimate release, I don't think we can do so and post that here. But maybe an e-mail might pop Canadiens' way.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:06 AM   #23
The Fly

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho
No, I don't think it was meant at anyone nor meant to be insulting. As Canadiens doesn't have a U2.com membership, the hope was one of us would convert the file to mp3 and upload it somewhere. However, as this is a legitimate release, I don't think we can do so and post that here. But maybe an e-mail might pop Canadiens' way.
convert the file to mp3 and upload it somewhere. That is talking a foreign language to me. Sorry!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by ME2U2

convert the file to mp3 and upload it somewhere. That is talking a foreign language to me. Sorry!
But surely you've heard of the U2-themed iPod, right? It's everywhere! The iPod plays mp3 files. So one just has to convert the song from u2.com into an mp3. Then just upload it onto a website that allows for downloads. If you've ever downloaded a file (clicked on a link to hear a song or watch a video and then stored that file to your computer), uploading is just the reverse. You are the person putting that picture, song or video file or text or whatever onto a website. Make sense?

Now, I won't go into how to convert the song into an mp3 file. That does require a few extra programs.