Go Back   U2 Feedback > 'Zine (archived) > U2 News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:51 PM
(08-02-2005) Celebrity Shoppers Up for Votes -- Checkout*

Celebrity Shoppers Up for Votes

David Beckham, Abi Titmuss and Jamie Oliver are among the household names up for public vote as Celebrity Shopper of the year

David Beckham, Abi Titmuss and Jamie Oliver are three of the ten household names up for public vote as the Celebrity Shopper of the year.

Announcing its shortlist for its Celebrity Shopper of the Year Award, 2005, the British Retail Consortium also named: Colleen McLoughlin, Sienna Miller, Trinny & Susannah (2004 winners), Sharon Osborne, Bono, Ruby Wax, and Victoria Beckham.

Members of the public have until 31 August to register their votes via the website: www.brc.org.uk/celebrityshopper.

Retailers who have been voting for celebrity shoppers over the last month created the short-list.

The winner will be announced at the BRC's retail annual dinner on 21 September, in front of 1,300 guests including Government ministers, MPs and the country's top retailers.

BRC director general, Kevin Hawkins, says: "This year's short list is an exciting mix of those who demonstrate a special passion for retail through fashion, those that show a passion through spending money and the likes of Jamie Oliver who has a massive impact on the food we buy.

"It will be very interesting to see who the public crown Celebrity Shopper of the Year for 2005 as there are some very popular and influential names on the list. Trinny and Susannah who clinched the 2004 award have secured a place for second year running for their influence and enthusiasm on what we should wear, or shouldn't wear. The Beckham's also stand a good chance along with Colleen McLoughlin, nicknamed 'the Queen of Chav style'."

--Checkout

dsmith2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:51 PM
I'm really not understanding this contest - can someone explain it to me in clearer language and what is the significance of being the Celebrity Shopper of the Year?

Thanks.

Jamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
I'm really not understanding this contest - can someone explain it to me in clearer language and what is the significance of being the Celebrity Shopper of the Year?

Thanks.
Ditto. This one has me a little confused.
Shaliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
Refugee

What the heck is this????????????
Harry Vest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila

Thanks.
hahha, I was gonna post the same thing... "Celebrity Shopper of the Year?" What in the world...

some things you shouldn't get too good at, like crying, smiling, and celebrity shopping... woooooo

*goes back into cage*
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:24 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:51 AM
I feel some shivers reading Bono's name between Sharon Osbourne & Victoria Beckham...

Don't have any idea of what this award is... But I think I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

lady luck is offline   Reply With Quote