(07-31-2006) U2 Nominated for Two VMAs -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Nominated for Two VMAs

U2's video for "Original of the Species" snagged two technical VMA nods this morning. The Catherine Owens-directed video is nominated for special effects and editing honors.

BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS IN A VIDEO
Angels and Airwaves: "The Adventure"
Beck: "Hell Yes"
Missy Elliott: "We Run This"
Pearl Jam: "Life Wasted"
U2: "Original of the Species"

BEST EDITING IN A VIDEO
The All-American: "Move Along"
Angels and Airwaves: "The Adventure"
Gnarls Barkley: "Crazy"
Red Hot Chili Peppers: "Dani California"
U2: "Original of the Species"

The 2006 MTV Video Music Awards air live from New York on Aug. 31 at 8 p.m. Visit MTV.com for more information.

Thanks crazyu2!

The special effects and editing in this video are tremendous in my opinion. This video does deserve an award. Just not from MTV. If I were in a band with as much integrity as U2, I would consider any award from MTV to be an insult. MTV has zero credibility anymore, they're more concerned with reality shows now. U2 won't win... the award will go to someone a little more youth friendly, for proper youth oriented product placement. Plus, the song itself wasn't a big enough hit for it to win. But the song is a hit with me and millions of others, and that's all that matters.

Most likely these awards won't even be broadcast because they aren't in the major categories.
Even though I believe these two categories are paramount in deciding how good a video really is, it would be a snooze fest for most of their viewing audience.

They do have the opportunity to prove me wrong however.:wink:

sue4u2 said:
Most likely these awards won't even be broadcast because they aren't in the major categories.
Even though I believe these two categories are paramount in deciding how good a video really is, it would be a snooze fest for most of their viewing audience.

They do have the opportunity to prove me wrong however.

IF and it IS an 'IF':giggle: they show up in NYC for it, anyway,...it won't be a 'snoozefest' for me!!!:ohmy: :love: :hyper: :hyper:

OF COURSE, IF they DO show up and I MISS them.......then i'll be a :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: FEST.

wink

Nope. Gnarls Barkley's Crazy won Best Editing and Missy Elliott's We Run This won Best Special Effects. :|

We might as well forget about "old" people like U2 (or Bruce Springsteen, etc.) getting very much attention from MTV. And that's not really a bad thing.

U2 are winners in everything they do in my personal opinion. The award shows are a waste of time in my opinion too. It's a political or popularity contest in choosing a "winner". OOTS was a beautifully created and orchestrated video and always will be.

I had a bowel movement tonite.

It was more important/relevant than the VMAs.

As the birth of that movement sits in the spetic tank, it is BETTER than the VMAs in every way imaginable.

Any questions about how bad the VMAs are?

Back
Top Bottom