(07-27-2007) AWF Receives Thank-You Note from Bono - AfricanWellFund.org*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
AWF Receives Thank-You Note from Bono

As reported earlier this month, the great folks at the African Well Fund raised over $34,000 in their annual drive to build a well for Bono's birthday. (Check out the earlier story here.)

Well, Bono was impressed with their wonderful work and took the time to hand write a personalized note expressing his thanks to all of the donors.

Have a look at the note here: http://www.africanwellfund.org/blog/archives/2007_07.html#000316

Congratulations again on your incredible achievement, African Well Fund!

This is AWESOME. I just love Bono's message in response to this year's "Build a Well for Bono's Birthday" AWF fundraising drive.

As one of the handful of people who were there at the beginning of the AWF almost five years ago, it was always evident to me that the money raised by the AWF was probably the BEST b-day present that Bono received every year (next to whatever his children would give him).

Now we know that this is the truth!

Much continued success to the AWF in the years to come.

All This.........IN THE NAME OF LOVE !

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

(PS: Thanks Karen for your support of the AWF over the years.

The AWF started as a yahoo group out of a discussion in Zootopia over what more could be done to help people in Africa after some of us watched the MTV special "Diary" regarding Bono's trip to Africa in May 2002.

The decision was to build clean water wells in Africa - and the AWF was born!

I joined the discussion group at its beginnings and have been as active a part of its yearly "Bono's Birthday" fundraisers ever since they started in 2003.

The AWF will always be very close to my heart. :hug: )

Carek1230 said:
This is awesome and I am so glad to have been a part of this the past 4 years. :applaud:

Thanks for your support Carek1230. We posted this note because it is meant for anyone who has contributed to any of the Bono Birthday Fundraisers - the thanks go out to all of you......

Don't feel bad if you weren't able to contribute to this year's campaign - rest assured we will come calling again next year looking for contributions to Bono's 'favorite birthday gift' :)

BTW we have come a long way since our original 'hey let's see if we can build a well' discussion group. We are a full-fledged non-profit and have raised more than $300,000 since inception ($100,000 of that from the Bono Birthday campaigns). However we are still entirely volunteer run and are in constant need of new dedicated volunteers. If there are any interested parties out there, drop me a line at dyoder@africanwellfund.org

here's a brand new opportunity to help supply clean water for Africa!

The African Well Fund is participating in the SixDegrees.org/Hanes promotion to earn a matching grant for up to $10,000!

Here is the link to African Well Fund’s fundraising ‘badge’
http://www.networkforgood.org/pca/Badge.aspx?BadgeId=106100

The six non-celebrity badges that have the most unique number of donations between July 19th and September 16th at 11:59pm ET will get a matching grant of up to $10,000 for their charity from Hanes.

Since it is the number of unique donations that matters, a donation for any amount will help us to succeed.

If you have any questions or would like further information on how you can help spread the word, email us at info@africanwellfund.org

--------------------

The note is awesome, so very Bono.

And the 6 degrees thing, just added to myspace. It's cool, and already raised $100, whoa!

Dianey said:
here's a brand new opportunity to help supply clean water for Africa!

The African Well Fund is participating in the SixDegrees.org/Hanes promotion to earn a matching grant for up to $10,000!

Here is the link to African Well Fund’s fundraising ‘badge’
http://www.networkforgood.org/pca/Badge.aspx?BadgeId=106100

The six non-celebrity badges that have the most unique number of donations between July 19th and September 16th at 11:59pm ET will get a matching grant of up to $10,000 for their charity from Hanes.

Since it is the number of unique donations that matters, a donation for any amount will help us to succeed.

If you have any questions or would like further information on how you can help spread the word, email us at info@africanwellfund.org

--------------------

:applaud: This is awesome news! AND yet another reason to continue to support Hanes! I am all for supporting the companies and products that support the causes I am so passionate about! :applaud: :up: :up: :up:

PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION: OK people,let's enter a place called VERTIGO!The COEXIST symbols from Bono's headband he wore during tour have appeared as a crop circle in West Kennet,UK on July 25th,just last week.Go to cropcircle connector.com and check it out!Peace,the Rockmeister.

I think it is wonderful what the AWF has done. And I am sure that those who started this charity and those who support it. Are doing it from their hearts.

Though, it is very nice to receive a note from Bono.

God bless the man....he may have learned to drive decently but his handwriting is as gloriously atrocious as ever. :wink: "translation" LOL.

I am so happy this is continuing to go ..um..well!....for everyone..I may not have been rich enough to give a big donation this yr but hey I hope every little bit helps! Best wishes Jamila and everyone else at the site! To think this all started with a sentence or two by Bono on MTV 5 yrs ago....all behold the power of LOVE.

Teta040 said:
God bless the man....he may have learned to drive decently but his handwriting is as gloriously atrocious as ever. :wink: "translation" LOL.

I am so happy this is continuing to go ..um..well!....for everyone..I may not have been rich enough to give a big donation this yr but hey I hope every little bit helps! Best wishes Jamila and everyone else at the site! To think this all started with a sentence or two by Bono on MTV 5 yrs ago....all behold the power of LOVE.

Every little bit does help.

Even Bono has said. He has the money and the means to travel to Africa. Meet with the world leaders and etc. He knows that most of us cannot do this. But, I think he praises us for our efforts. Because, he understands it comes from the heart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom