(07-27-2006) Bono and Blair Join Murdoch on the Beach -- Guardian Unlimited*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono has made it perfectly clear to everyone who "REALLY" want's to listen, that his work is not "POLITICAL".
He is not trying to endorse any country's politics or party representative.

He will NOT tell you who to vote for, but he may tell you where they stand on issues that affect the global community.

In the meantime he is trying to educate, negotiate if you will, with the LEADER'S of the world, to listen to the people - You!!

Your voice, and all the millions of others is all he has to work with.
In this respect, Bono is a politician, a worldwide politician..

Want to be a Worldwide voice?? http://www.one.org/
:heart:

hotpepper said:
Just an update for everyone who was reading this thread and interested in this topic - no Bono sightings to be had by me in the Bay Area. I didn't really try too hard because, as you know, everything was so quiet - no rumors about locations, no media coverage, no nothing. :sad:

Anyway, Miringeltje and I took the opportunity to get together and meet each other. That was nice!

:applaud: This is great! I am so glad the two of you met up!

PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION:I live only an hour away from Carmel and considered driving down there and try and talk to,mingle with and just share some of my idea's that I thought some of the world's biggest mover's and shacker's might want to hear.But since my daughter was not feeling well I canceled my plans.I will share them with you here.I decided to hold an "ULTRA-SECRET MEETING"here at home.The only people invited were me,my wife,daughter and the dog.We moved some chair's into a circle in the living room and then placed several blanket's over them to make a tent.My wife made some snack's and beverage's and as I played Where the Street's Have No Name track we all entered the tent single file,each holding there own flashlight.As Street's faded out we got down to buisiness.For even tighter security we all whispered.We brainstormed idea's that could/should/would have a positive effect on global change.The most important factor was to involve as many people on the planet as possible and keep the cost's of project's as cheap as possible.The most effective idea to come out of this first Rockmeister Family Forum is the following.Borrowing some idea's from the 1950's sci-fi movie The Day the Earth Stood Still,we suggest that we can help solve several of the planet's problem's at the same time by DOING NOTHING!As in the movie the spaceman and his robot bring the entire planet to a grinding halt,we suggest everyone pick's a weekend every month and JUST STAY's HOME!Do thing's around the house,clean your garage/closet's,read a book.Interact with your kid's,write a letter etc.The money we save from not driving around that weekend should be put aside for a charitable cause.Preferably in the beginning one that has the most dire need and meet's all the proper requirement's and has proper oversight so we know it's going the people in need.The other problem that EVERYONE will help solve at the same time is global warming by not driving all our vehicle's on that weekend we won't be polluting the atmosphere.We should try to all set the first weekend up to be when we all try this out at the same time just to see the effect it will have and then after that we can all do it when it obviously fit's our own personal schedule's.We can call it,"The Day the Earth Stood Still For Global Change"!!PEACE,The Rockmeister

hotpepper said:
Anyway, Miringeltje and I took the opportunity to get together and meet each other. That was nice!

bonocomet said:
Nice that you two got to meet! :)

Carek1230 said:
:applaud: This is great! I am so glad the two of you met up!

We met up in the Bay Area yesterday.
Somewhere in the middle for both of us.
Unfortunately I was running a bit late.
Because I was held up otherwise.
So it was short.
Short, but sweet!
It was nice to meet you too, hotpepper!

teenie said:
Too bad I dont live in Monterey anymore! A friend of mine has a brother who served Bono at Roys restaurant the other night. He visited the Carmel Mission too.
Heres a newpaper article on the events and two pics of Bono in the "more photos" section.(pics 8 and 10 I believe)
http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/15201115.htm

Cool for your friend's brother. Too bad the two curly haired people are obstructing our view of dear Bono! Thanks for the info!

Kidman must've been very hungry when she needed to visit various restaurants.

Or the food served as the meetig was so horrible :wink:

Back
Top Bottom