(07-26-2004) Bono To Attend ONE Campaign Rally in Boston - PR Newswire*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono To Attend ONE Campaign Rally in Boston

Ed. Note: Below is today's press release regarding this event.

DATA, Bono, The Boston Celtics' Walter McCarty and Other Partners Present the Northeast Launch of the ONE CAMPAIGN to Promote American Leadership in the Global Fight Against AIDS and Poverty
Monday July 26, 3:01 pm ET

City Year Hosts Event Featuring African and American Youth Activists, Religious Leaders, and Others, Calling on Americans to Help Make a Better, Safer World: ONE Voice and ONE Vote at a Time

WASHINGTON, July 26 /PRNewswire/ --

WHO: Youth activists from South Africa and America, President of Oxfam America Raymond C. Offenheiser, Boston Celtic Walter McCarty, Reverend Nancy Taylor (United Church of Christ), Bono, and ONE Campaign partners and local activists.

WHAT: Endorsement of the ONE CAMPAIGN by National and International partners like City Year, Oxfam and others; Call to action to promote American leadership in the global fight against aids and poverty.

WHERE: Hosted by City Year
285 Columbus Avenue, Boston, MA 02116

WHY: Because the U.S. can help prevent more than 6,000 people a day dying from aids. Because the U.S. can help prevent 200 million people in sub-Saharan Africa go hungry every day. Because Africans have shown they can turn back AIDS. Because debt relief and development assistance have shown they can be effective. Because more and more African leaders are committed to DEMOCRACY, ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY. Because whether and how we help Africa now is a test of our ability to prevent failing states that threaten our security, and even more important, a test of our humanity, and our willingness to respond to the moral crisis of our time. Because even during the election, America needs to be ONE.

WHEN: Tuesday, July 27th, 10 AM

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT DATA AND THE ONE CAMPAIGN, go to http://www.data.org and http://www.theonecampaign.org

:hmm: Can I be in Boston for 10 am with all the closed roads?

:wink: I have been watching all the Tv programs describing how Boston was preparing for this onslot on people to their town! wow!! Has anyone spotted Bono yet? Saw Ben & Matt D.! :hyper:

Yes, the USA gives more AIDS support to the world than the rest of the World combined. But the USA sucks :rolleyes:

I love the Edge. Hope he kicks the living shit out of Bono on this next Album, like the Edge has done on every album U2 has come out with.

BEST WISHES FOR A SUCCESSFUL RALLY TOMORROW !:yes: :up:

The lives of millions of desparately poor Africans depend on our combined efforts to help them through DATA and The ONE Campaign! :angel: :hug:

And BONO - I don't care who knows, I think YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST TERRIFIC PEOPLE IN THE WORLD and I WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW YOU (r) example! :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

I heard the campaign goes on in
The Fleet Centre...same place where
Elevation Boston was recorded.

The road closures are after 4PM (except around Fleetcenter) and none near Columbus Ave, so getting to the area is no problem.
I'm sure Bono will be at the 4 seasons as well...supposed to be singing for Teddy K at Symphony hall tonite.

Hi all! It turned out to be an invitation only event. :mad: There were about 10-15 of us in total and we were told that we might be able to get in, but after we waited we were told that they were already concerned about fire code and it was a full house so we couldn't. :(

We didn't see Bono go in since they snuck him in the back door - but we did see him leave. In the middle of trying to figure out if he was coming out front or out back - I asked a person how the Rally was and his face was so lite up and he said Bono was so inspirational.

It was wonderful to see Bono briefly, but sad to not hear him speak!

BostonAnne said:
Hi all! It turned out to be an invitation only event. :mad: There were about 10-15 of us in total and we were told that we might be able to get in, but after we waited we were told that they were already concerned about fire code and it was a full house so we couldn't. :(

We didn't see Bono go in since they snuck him in the back door - but we did see him leave. In the middle of trying to figure out if he was coming out front or out back - I asked a person how the Rally was and his face was so lite up and he said Bono was so inspirational.

It was wonderful to see Bono briefly, but sad to not hear him speak!

The key word is INSPIRATIONAL!

It's so nice to share this feeling with so many people!

Sorry the invitation was needed and you couldn't enter!

Back
Top Bottom