(07-23-2005) Bono to hobnob in Philly on African crises - Philly.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono to hobnob in Philly on African crises

By Jeff Gammage
Inquirer Staff Writer

He's coming! He's coming!

Rock legend, activist and all around humanitarian Bono will speak in Philadelphia on Oct. 21, discussing his work bringing attention and dollars to bear on the economic and health crises in Africa.

Yesterday the World Affairs Council offered advance ticket sales to its members. Tickets go on sale Monday through Upstages at 215-569-9700 or www.princemusictheater.org/upstages.html.

The lead singer of U2 will be speaking at Penn's Irvine Auditorium. Prices range from $75 for general admission to $495 for the privilege of dinner and cocktails with the singer.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/entertainment/gossip/12183890.htm

ruffian, what tocket did you get?

I got the $175 one.:wink:

Very excited.

Jamila, I'm doing the dinner--my university is paying for part of it, thankfully. i'll look forward to seeing you there!

seajewel, i'm not sure of the best tickets to buy. I know they are selling 200 for the cocktail reception and 140 for the dinner...and the auditorium holds 1250, so there shouldn't be a bad seat in the house.

One4U2, i'll check out your posts...

seajewel said:
Thanks for the info - went for the $175 tickets :ohmy:

great! i hope i get to meet you. it occurred to me tonight that the reception is going to be FULL of women! :lmao: there will probably be, like, 3 men. :wink:

I did find out that the cocktail party is only 1/2 an hour and will be filled with 600 people if it sells out :|

I couldn't help myself - I'm in for the $175 ticket! Will work half a day in Manhattan and then drive to Philly. They said Bono will be speaking at 6:30pm and then the cocktail party moves to the University Museum at 7:30pm or so. I'm so excited!

But you're right... it may get nasty with all those spiky heels and cocktail dresses fighting for a minute with yer man.

Personally I'm wondering if *sigh* Adam may show? :hmm:

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL
... in the City of Blinding Lights

Michelle, I was just about to say that this is Bono you're going to, not Adam. But apparently you noticed it yourself. :wink:

:D

starsgoblue said:
I'm sooooo there! :hyper:

Sorry used the wrong quote - refer to half hour cocktail party! ...

They will never get him out of there in a half hour - if he starts talking he never stops:wink:

Last edited:
the schedule i was told by Upstages is:
6:15 lecture (1250 seats)
7:15 cocktail reception with anywhere from 200-550 people (the number changes each time i call...)
7:45 dinner (145 people).

god, it's gonna be like a roller derby :wink:

Popmartijn said:
Michelle, I was just about to say that this is Bono you're going to, not Adam. But apparently you noticed it yourself. :wink:

:D

Martijn!! Ya found me yo :sexywink: are you heading back to N.A. for fall shows? Particularly any in Toronto or NYC? Huh Huh?

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

michelleontheair said:
Martijn!! Ya found me yo :sexywink: are you heading back to N.A. for fall shows? Particularly any in Toronto or NYC? Huh Huh?

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

:eyebrow: I thought I mailed you about it (including Genghis Bono)...

Anyway, I have to reply with a :(

:sad:

But on a happier note, yes I found ya! :D

Popmartijn said:

:eyebrow: I thought I mailed you about it (including Genghis Bono)...

Anyway, I have to reply with a :(

:sad:

But on a happier note, yes I found ya! :D

Awww Martijn are ya sure? :sad: I hope things change - hey man, never say never!

And yeah - I love that Genghis Bono photo, I posted it to the U2GTA for everyone to check out, and someone suggested the one next to him was Bob Geldof ;) lol

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

Back
Top Bottom