(07-20-2006) U2's Vertigo Tour Hits the Road Again! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2's Vertigo Tour Hits the Road Again!

It's official! At last we can confirm the rescheduled Vertigo//2006 shows. U2 will hit the road again in November. Starting in Brisbane on November 7th , U2 will play further dates in Australia, New Zealand and Japan before finishing in Hawaii on December 9.

Kanye West will join the band in Australia and New Zealand while Special Guests, Pearl Jam will join Rocco and the Devils for December 9 in Honolulu.

These show dates are rescheduled following the postponement of Vertigo//2006 earlier in the year. For full ticket information in your area please see below.

“We are very happy to announce the rescheduling and appreciate everyone’s patience.” said Arthur Fogel, of TNA.

The Vertigo Tour opened in San Diego in March 2005, is set for a grand finish in Hawaii with the addition of Pearl Jam.

“It’s going to be a great night in Hawaii,” said Paul McGuinness, U2’s manager. “The band are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill, a great end to what has already been a very successful tour.”

The new show dates are as follows:

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 17th/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 24/06

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, March 18th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 25/06

Brisbane - QSAC Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 21st/06 - (New Date) Tuesday, November 7/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Friday, March 24th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 18/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Saturday, March 25th/06 - (New Date) Sunday, November 19/06

Adelaide - AAMI Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 28th/06 - (New Date) Thursday, November 16/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 31st/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 10/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 1st/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 11/06

Honolulu - Aloha Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 8/06 - (New Date) Saturday, December 9/06

In Tokyo, 3 New Show Dates have been confirmed

Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Wednesday, November 29th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Thursday, November 30th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Monday, December 4th/06

More information for ticket holders in Australia/New Zealand.

More information for ticket holders in Japan.

More information for ticket holders in Hawaii.

--U2.com

My only concern is we won't get a full set -- what do you all think?
Laura

I'm sure you'll get a full set and maybe even some extra sumthin' sumthin's to go with it. I see no reason for them to cut the shows short.

Pearl jam with U2! Not too much emotion on stagewith Eddie and Bono...I want tixs to Hawaii! pm or email me if you have extra thanks
Mustreed@aol.com

OK, I'm still not breathing properly.... who's gonna meet up in Melb and Sydney (damn that I can't get to the other shows - they're mid-week and it's just too hard being a teacher, grrr!) for a party before/during/after the shows???????? I'm going to post in Gatherings...

DAMN.,.. I NEED TO WIN THE LOTERRY TO GO TO HAWAII :hyper:

I NEED 2 GAs!!! :sad:
2 PLANE TICKTES

and ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD!!!

Maybe the boys will premiere rough drafts of some of Bono's eight newly written songs-for audinece feedback, you know--they used to do this a lot in the early days.....

I am so happy for you guys (and wishing I could go to Hawaii LOL....you folks who have never seen Pearl Jam live, you're in for a real treat. Even if they're merely an opener...as a member of the "Jamily" and discriminating live show critic, I'd rank U2 and Bruce (tie for first, but ONLY if Bruce is with the E Streeters and if he intersperses acoustic stuff--Nebraska and Tom Joad material in with the Golden Oldies; Live second, and PJ a close last)....

My theory, from extensive reading, is that A JT show was one of Edddie Vedder's first ever concerts he went to as a kid, it changed his life and he has modeled various aspects of PJ after u2 and their career...from stage show to the organizing of thier Ten Club, etc....he has even modeled the concert presentation after u2's at various times..but you can't be a wannabe without being GREAT yourselves.

All you with tix, I envy you but can't complain, as I've had my 4 Vertigo shows, 3 of them GA"s.

my loterry numbers...

9 = 9th
12 = December
6 = year

I need more... like 3 more...

4 = it could be my 4th show

mmmm... what number is that concert... like 100?

I need that... to get another number

:hmm:

:hyper:

6 = show number 132 (1+3+2)

mmm.... too many lows....

maybe 20 = 4th leg show number... (counting it as 4th leg) :scream:

yes... I'm excited, cant you see? :wink:

what are the chances of these dates getting cancelled just after we pay to fly half way around the world (again)

This is not only great news for our sisters and brothers down-under and the pacific but this also means that whoever it was who was so seriously ill, is now obviously doing much better!! :hyper:

Mirrorballman83 said:
but, the unsaled tickets for the honolulu concert?

when they'll go on sale?

Bringing this over from another thread here:

klausvan said:
P.S. Just spoke with the Aloha box office. Any returned tickets or additional available seats will go on sale on August 5th at the box office and ticketmaster.:wave:

The reaction of the Pearl Jam fans on their board is "Pathetic".If you haven't realise how much U2 are hated outside the U2 fans cummunity,go have a look,it's one hell of a reality check.

Cigar said:
The reaction of the Pearl Jam fans on their board is "Pathetic".If you haven't realised how much U2 are hated outside the U2 fans community,go have a look,it's one hell of a reality check.

No, thanks.
I think I'll pass.
Can't say I'm surprised by or blame the PJ fans for their reaction.
And even though I like u2, I can see and understand why others would hate them.

Miringeltje said:

No, thanks.
I think I'll pass.
Can't say I'm surprised by or blame the PJ fans for their reaction.
And even though I like u2, I can see and understand why others would hate them.

You can see why others would hate them? And you don't blame them? Care to share why?

I just find that comment rather surprising, and not really supportable, given the circumstances.

I think the "fan" vs. "fan" showdown that exists everywhere is very immature... just another variation of the same nonsense in sports. Taste in music is very individualistic. Not agreeing with another's taste is par for the course. Slagging them off for their choice... stupid.
Hating someone's else's taste is juvenile beyond words.

GracelandHarley said:

You can see why others would hate them? And you don't blame them? Care to share why?

I just find that comment rather surprising, and not really supportable, given the circumstances.

I think the "fan" vs. "fan" showdown that exists everywhere is very immature... just another variation of the same nonsense in sports. Taste in music is very individualistic. Not agreeing with another's taste is par for the course. Slagging them off for their choice... stupid.
Hating someone's else's taste is juvenile beyond words.

Well, simmer down. The "fan" vs "Fan" showdown? What we all need to remember is that we are all entitled to our own opinions. What is juvenile and stupid is not respecting another's individual likes and dislikes, no matter their reason or "circumstance". Besides which, this is not the appropriate thread to be arguing or baiting argument or debate in.

^Excuse me?

Yes, we all are entitled to our own opinions... me included!

And since you obviously misunderstood, I'll spell it out for you: the "fan" vs. "fan" I was referring to was other bands' fans vs. U2's fans. As referenced above... Pearl Jam's fans vs. U2's fans, and the unpleasantness that resulted?

And don't tell me to simmer down. :mad:

Very condescending of you. Especially since you misunderstood :|

Back
Top Bottom