(07-20-2005) Bono Joins the Mile High Club -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Joins the Mile High Club

Take Me Higher! Listen to this interview with Bono... while he is flying Vertigo Air to the first Dutch show. Bizarre or what ?

On Wednesday Dutch radio station Yorin FM broadcast one of the strangest interviews yet with Bono. The interviewer was a member of Flight Control at Schippol Airport in Amsterdam and Bono was flying Vertigo Air up from Nice for the first Dutch show.

‘Come fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly away...’ sings Bono, clearly not bothered at his latest multi-tasking exercise. ’From the south of France to Amsterdam, there’s no place we’d rather fly.’

Needs to be heard to be believed. U2.com members can listen in here.

--U2.com

A transcript of this encounter was offered some days ago courtesy of Interference.com here.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you serious? does he really pilot?
I must say I thought he was joking...it's a big plane innit?
He'd have to have pretty advanced flight credentials...

what a funky interview; he was in a fun mood!

cheers...

this whole discussion is making me flash on Robyn Hitchcock's tune Queen Elvis...does 'getting blowjobs from the press' whilst aloft qualify one for the club :wink:

cheers...

nbcrusader said:

No, you are not the only one.

Yes, I'm sure U2.com knew full well of the double meaning.

Yeah DOH!

It was definitely a catchy headline. "IF" Bono was in the cockpit he wasn't alone and he wasn't flying the plane....don't be stupid people. He may be brilliant and he may have been multi tasking, but the whole thing was planned and it was only an interview albeit a very different interview as he said from any he'd ever done.

Back
Top Bottom