(07-17-2005) Amsterdam 3 -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Amsterdam 3

U2.com has the set list for U2's third and final Vertigo show in Amsterdam. Included in last night's set were Vertigo new-comer "Miss Sarajevo" and tour rarities "Original of the Species" and "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses."

More details and reports to follow.

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year’s Day
Beautiful Day
Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
Wild Horses
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Original of the Species
Yahweh

More on the final Amsterdam show here.

Last edited:
Hi,

Well, I was there - an epic journey from and to Ipswich, but worth it in the end. Also saw them in Twickenham on the 18th, and thought they were amazing.

Favourite moment - Bono doing opera on the "Amore" operatic part of Miss Sarajevo - brought a tear to my eye, and was absolutely amazing.

Wish they'd done both 40 AND a second Vertigo, but that would have been greedy!

The sound was dreadful, it has to be said, with echoes and reverbs everywhere, but the ArenA is such a cool place - a high sided stadium that looks like a US arena but holds a few more people, I'm sure.

Overall, a great gig, an amazingly long performance (2 hours 25!) and a few surprise tracks, including Miss Sarajevo, Who's Gonna... and the first time U2 have openly had a fifth member on stage (Terry Lawless on Original...), according to what I've read.

Between the two gigs and the other tours I've attended, I've seen most songs that I could wish for, so I'm very happy.

Back
Top Bottom