(07-15-2004) Live Aid DVD Due In November - Billboard.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Live Aid DVD Due In November

The historic 1985 Live Aid concert will finally be released on DVD in the fall. Earlier this year, the Band Aid Trust agreed to auction the global rights for the concerts for the first time, after pirated copies were found for sale on the Internet.

Warner Vision International won the bidding and has set a Nov. 10 release date for a four-disc DVD package. The iconic Live Aid, held at London's Wembley and Philadelphia's JFK Stadium, raised more than $70 million for famine relief in Africa.

Among the acts that performed were a reunited Led Zeppelin, U2, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Neil Young and Queen. The DVDs will feature a documentary, "Food, Trucks & Rock'n'Roll," plus performances from related Live Aid events around the world.

"Twenty years ago they not only played 'real good for free,' they took an issue that was nowhere on the agenda of the political world and placed it at the very top," says concert organizer Bob Geldof. "By buying the Live Aid DVD, that day continues far off into some distant but hopefully better future for all those people in whose name those great artists played."

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000578499

THANK YOU! :up: :applaud:

The LiveAid DVD will make the ULTIMATE Holiday present.

GREAT NEWS - at a time when I think most of us need some good news after the unbelievable reports of the missing new U2 CD of music. :hug:

Thank goodness I can now get rid of my pathetic VHS copies of Live Aid!!!! Makes it kind of hard to watch through all the ghost shadows. :applaud: :applaud:
Hopefully this won't cost an arm and a leg....but it will be so worth it!!

Can't wait for this - I have the whole thing on video-tape - in the lovely BETA format!!! My father,in his wisdom, bought our family's first VCR in Beta, thinking it was the wave of the future! So, it's been collecting dust for almost 20 years!

Back
Top Bottom