(07-13-2005) Battle of the Bands: U2 vs. Green Day -- AOL Music*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Battle of the Bands: U2 vs. Green Day

AOL Music is holding a Battle of the Bands and have pitted U2 against Green Day in the alternative category. Green Day is currently leading U2 55 to 45 percent.

To vote, click here.

Thanks Michael!

BonosBaby12 said:
How in the world could Green Day be beating U2? I just voted and of course it was U2 who got my vote!

Those under 25, are more likely to see and vote in such a poll. Most of Green Day's fan base is probably under 25, while most of U2's fan base is over 30.

Spread the word though, and perhaps the poll will shift.

doctorwho said:
I'm not so sure about this poll. NONE of the numbers have changed since yesterday afternoon. Seems odd that there'd be no changes in the percentages whatsoever.

I know:|

I just voted like 5,987 times and nothing changed....:wink:

People under the age of 20 and with bad taste in music shouldn't be allowed to vote:wink:

greenday:madspit:

I think this is just a scam to get more people to visit their site. I voted in the other categories and EVERY time the band I picked was losing by a slim margin and it asked me to "email my friends to let them know". I mean, Billy Joel beating Elton John in Classic Rock? I don't think so.

Someone whould vote for Green Day and see what it says.

OK. :lol: This is officially a crap poll. CLick on the standings and you'll see that the winner of this "battle" will be going up against that near-naked screecher, Mariah Carey. If they beat her they will then take on either Hilary Duff or a Simpson sister. Like, totally omigawd!!

Yeah I noticed too that when I voted a few times that the percentages never changed. Today's youth are so brainwashed by what they think is "music" lol. When I was growing up I always had the good sense to chose U2,lol. Thankfully my venture into the mid 20's hasn't changed my music taste,lol.

While I obviously pick U2, Interference posters do not give enough credit to Green Day. American Idiot is an outstanding album.

Greenday's not too bad.

But I don't see how anyone can find them better then U2. What's wrong with the world? :huh:

Just voted again and now it's 47 to 53. We're still losing but atleast it's changing slightly. :|

Clean out your cookies every time you vote, I saw the change from 45 to 47. Not sure but it might work. Green Day is an awesome alternative, so in that category, based on the demographics and current success of Blvd of Broken Dreams they should beat our boys...I think evene Bono would agree.

On a side note..once again Paul Mac f'd up the single releases from this album. Just like Please getting the 4th release from POP. Order should have been:
1. Vertigo, the whole iTunes thing was a great start for the release of HTDAAB
2. SYCMIOYO, soft follow up instead of ABOY right after Vertigo
3. ABOY
4. Miracle Drug ( perfectly timed for the LIVE8 ) or Crumbs
5. COBL is a great song, but doesn't have the classic U2 "build" like MD.

Im probably in the minority here seeing as though every man and his dog has fallen in love with GD recently, but I don't think Boulevard of broken dreams is that good... its an alright song but Ive heard better.
The other Green Day songs Ive heard don't impress me either.

Im not saying this just because Im a U2 fan and Green Day are against them on some internet poll, but I really fail to see what all the hype surrounding Green Day is about.
Their not a bad band by any means, but not really that great either, IMO.

Last edited:
A couple of Green Day's older songs were ok. But overall they aren't a band that I would rush out to buy a cd of. Hey it's good for them that their latest album is doing so well. But I still just don't see what all of the hype is over them.

Back
Top Bottom