(07-08-2005) MTV, VH1 to Rebroadcast Live 8 Footage -- Billboard.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
MTV, VH1 to Rebroadcast Live 8 Footage

By Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.

With stinging criticism still fresh of their coverage of last weekend's worldwide Live 8 concerts, MTV and VH1 have confirmed plans to rebroadcast 10 hours of performances tomorrow (July 9). VH1 will offer five hours of programming beginning at 10 a.m. ET, with MTV taking over at 3 p.m. ET.

"We're in a constant and candid dialogue with our audience," MTVN Music Group President Van Toffler says. "In the wake of our coverage last Saturday, our viewers have resoundingly told us online they want to see full performances from their favorite artists."

While each network will tailor the artists offered to fit their respective audience demographic, there will be some overlap. Both will show performances by U2, Pink Floyd, Orchestra Baobab, Coldplay and Paul McCartney. VH1 will exclusively air footage of Dave Matthews Band, Rob Thomas, Sting and Maroon 5, while MTV has dibs on performances by Green Day, Linkin Park and Jay Z, the Killers and Kanye West.

Meanwhile, the Associated Press reports that Live 8 organizer Bob Geldof and U2 lead singer Bono met this morning with French president Jacques Chirac at the beginning of the final day of Scotland's G8 summit to discuss increasing efforts to end poverty in Africa.

Chirac reportedly praised the musician/activists for their efforts and conceded that substantially increased international monetary aid was necessary to alleviate the suffering of the continent's people.

Tonight at 9 p.m. ET/PT, MTV will air a half-hour news special, "Live 8: Next Steps," which will profile the concerts and the G8 summit. The channel will re-air the special tomorrow at 8 p.m. ET/PT, following its rebroadcast of Live 8 highlights.

--Billboard.com

this is so more enjoyable now without people talking. All performances and I got to FINALLY see all of U2 so a pretty good day for me:wink:

Back
Top Bottom