(07-08-2004) Rumor: Bono and The Edge, Spider-Man the Musical? - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Rumor: Bono and The Edge, Spider-Man the Musical?

Earlier this year rumors were floating around that Bono/U2 may have been taking on the theme track to the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack. That rumor never came to fruition, however there may have been some truth to it.

Entertainment reporter George Pennacchio, of Los Angeles ABC 7 TV, mentioned that Spider-Man is to be made into a musical, and that The Edge and Bono will be doing the music for it.

For now we'll label this one as a rumor until we're able to confirm this story from another source. Variety is also reporting this story, here: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/variety/20040707/va_th_ne/spidey_suited_for_stage_1

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Bee said:

LOL! That's the first time an icon has made me laugh so hard I cried...

Well, maybe they're trying to be the first rock band to win a Grammy, Oscar and Tony? Like Barbra Streisand? :shrug:

I think the odds that this will not be pulled off are fairly safe. Bono and Edge never completed their Clockwork Orange project thingy, and so many musicals crash and burn before seeing the light of day. When that Zorro movie came out a few years back there was talk of making a Zorro musical. Things like this just don't seem to fly unless Disney is backing it and puppets are involved.

drealynn42 said:
Things like this just don't seem to fly unless Disney is backing it and puppets are involved.

Oops, scratch that. I didn't read the article first. Julie Taymor is involved. She's a genius, a respected film maker and the best director on Broadway. Who happens to work with Disney and puppets...We're in big trouble people!

Further Confirmation

Further confirmation that Bono and the Edge may be writing the music for this musical can be found here. :)

Elvis said:

That was my same reaction.

I don't know... didn't Bono/Edge do the music for the play production of "A Clockwork Orange"? That seemed quite interesting.

martha said:
The boys will need something to keep them busy while they tour.

My suggestion would be to start writing more songs for the next album so it can be released in 3 years instead of 4.

It's a great song. Could Bono and Edge do better?

Spider man, spider man
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web any size
Catches thieves just like flies
Look out!
There comes the spider man

Is he strong?
Listen, bud
He?s got radioactive blood
Can he swing from a thread?
Take a look overhead
Hey, there!
There goes the spider man

In the chill of the night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time

Spider man, spider man
Friendly neighborhood spider man
Wealth and fame
He?s ignorant
Action is his reward
Look out!
Here comes the spider man

To him, life?s a big bang up
Whenever there?s a hang up
You?ll find the spider man.

:applaud:

:up:

:laugh:

I doubt it. They just spent lots of time on the album, and they will go on tour next year.

Speaking of Elton John, I've been saying he should be Doc Ock for years, maybe he could star opposite some unemplyoed Backstreet Boy as Parker...

Back
Top Bottom