(07-05-2004) Updated: U2 Tour Pre-sales, Fan Club Update - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really do hope that U2 will organize a new fan club where fans can buy tickets. Especially if they don't bring the tour to the country where you live i.e. Finland. Otherwise it's gonna be next to impossible to see U2 in concert ever again!?!

I hear ya Biggs. I don't think any of us have heard anything new. It'll be here as soon as the word hit the street. I swear this place gets U2 news before U2 does. ;)

SD

sounds good. how can I find out more information on "official fan club party" in particular city? Would really appreciate any info anyone has about this. Many thanks..Please Post reply

I just did a address change with Prop. And it went threw. If Prop wasnt doing anything with the fans, then maybe they are going to pass it onto this other company. I would think if anything new is happening it would of started by now.

I got to pre-order tickets through being on a mailing list at U2.com for the elevation tour. They sent me a code that I had to enter at ticketmaster in order to get the tickets. Didn't cost anything to get on the mailing list--very cool. Anybody else do this? Are we talking about the same kinda deal here? Sounds like its gonna cost money(which I'm glad to pay) if its true.

u2philly said:
I just did a address change with Prop. And it went threw. If Prop wasnt doing anything with the fans, then maybe they are going to pass it onto this other company. I would think if anything new is happening it would of started by now.

I also changed my home address and email address with Propaganda a few weeks ago and they responded saying they made the changes. I did ask them if they could tell me when my subscription ran out but they never responded. Has anyone else run into this?

WOW. If that is the case they still owe me 3 magaines. Wasn't it suppose to be a total of 4. I only got on when I was in ther fan club. But I did get tickets for a few shows. YEAH>

I hope so cause getting U2 tickets now isn't like it use to be. Damn the band for sort of becoming huge again in the late 90's
J/K on that. BUt is really was much easier to get tickets for the band on the Unforgettalbe Fire and JOshua Tree Tours. Hell even the Acthung Baby tour wasn't this bad. I hope I can catch me sopme shows wihtout paying out the butt.

Im owed a few copies on my subscription as well, i emailed cecillia a while back and she told me that the magazine was over, i always got my tickets through propaganda, i wonder like everyone else on here now about tickets.

I visited both Signatures and Fanfire, and did not see any type of membership area, except for the online store for Fanfire.com. They must not be geared up for memberhips yet. I guess their not geared up yet. Hopefully Propaganda comes through. Petition anyone??!!

Got a letter from Prop this morning, basically, prop is dead, will continue as an online membership, with U2.com $40 pa and if you were subscibed to prop you get it discounted for the first year $20.

Paul

zoostationuk said:
Got a letter from Prop this morning, basically, prop is dead, will continue as an online membership, with U2.com $40 pa and if you were subscibed to prop you get it discounted for the first year $20.

Paul

thanks for the info, :up:

when are we going to be able to sign up for this then?

Ok, #1 there has been no place to sign up for membership. There isnt even a forum on u2.com. #2 if the letter for Prop were just sent out, then most of us didnt get them. #3 I find it hard to put a presale when there is no site to sign up for, and no offical tour announced. No dates announced. All we know is that tour starts March 1st in Florida. is that the date that will be presale. #4.. I HATE PRESALES, i never get threw. I tried last time and failed and I had 4 computers going at one time and a sister that was trying for her job. If U2 is going to do a 3-4 week presale in Nov, when will it be? Nov is almost over. 1 more week. Sorry about being so negative about all of this. But I find it right now impossible.

HarrisonX said:
I visited both Signatures and Fanfire, and did not see any type of membership area, except for the online store for Fanfire.com. They must not be geared up for memberhips yet. I guess their not geared up yet. Hopefully Propaganda comes through. Petition anyone??!!

petition is just a waste of time. Nothing ever happens with them.

Someone posted the full letter from Prop on one of my list:
Dear Propaganda subscribers,

It's no secret that with the success of U2.com over the past four
years, Propaganda, the band's official magazine, has appeared less and
less frequently.

The net has become the best way to communicate quickly and directly
with U2's audience.

As a ground-breaking band magazine, for two decades Propaganda offered
a unique inside-track on what U2 were up to - exclusive interviews,
unseen photos, rare CD releases and, of course, the chance to
guarantee purchase of concert tickets!

We have been working on creating that same experience online and this
month U2.com is set to relaunch with a 'Members Only' area which will
give subscribers access to an enormous range of exclusive U2 content.

When launched to the public, subscriptions to U2.com will be $40 p.a.
but because you were a subscriber to Propaganda and may have part of
your subscription unfilfilled, you may join U2.com for $20 for the
next twelve months.

A subscription to this area via your personalized "u2.comID Card" will
bring you immediate online access to what the band are up to. (See the
list of subscription benefits below.)

Of course U2.com will also continue to bring you up to date news of
the band, as it does at present on a free subscription basis.

Best wishes and hanks for your support of Propaganda down the years.

Propaganda and U2.com

Subscription benefits:

Here's what U2.com "members only" subscribers will receive:

- Priority ticketing for the 2005 tour available for purchase through
U2.com.
- A special introductory gift.
- A U2.com e-mail address (e.g. steve@U2.com) with a web-based mail
service like hotmail.
- Exclusive band stories, features and other online content, including
on-the-road reports and diaries when the tour kicks off in the Spring.
- Full length audio and video streams and downloads of new U2 material
as well as rare and unseen material from the past.
- Access to all archived U2.com news, including Propaganda features
over 20 years.
- New mobile phone content, along with innovative applications like
screen savers and digital tools.
- 'Members-Only' message boards and discussion forums within the
revamped Zootopia along with a regular newsletter email to keep you up
to speed with band and site.
- 25% discount on your first purchase from the U2 Online Sto

I still find it hard to put presale tickets thanksgiving holiday, The site wont be fully up to next week. So that gives 3 days to sign up for membership, get the special u2 card for membership and then presale tickets???

Back
Top Bottom