(07-05-2004) Updated: Rumor from Dublin: U2 Album Finished? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor from Dublin: U2 Album Finished?

According to a post in our forum today, the new U2 album is quite possibly finished if a report out of Dublin is anything to go by. Below is what we have been told. Please keep in mind this is unconfirmed information - although several sources have reported to Interference.com with very similar details and accounts.

According to a guy who was at the studios today the album is finished. There was a lot of activity, long hours the last few days, with no one coming out to say hello and a lot of packages being delivered and meetings with the people from Four5one. According to him there was a party at midnight on Saturday night to celebrate the finish. Dallas (Schoo - Edge's guitar technician) told him today the band will not be back at HQ until October, they have/ or are leaving Dublin for the next few months.

Update July 6th: We have learned from a post on the forum that the new U2 album will possibly have 12 songs, and that the band reportedly have gone to the South of France.

Many thanks to ramblin' rose!

Last edited:
just my luck.....

I get to Dublin tomorrow, and they have finished and all gone home ! Guess I will have to find something(s) else to occupy me while I am there ?

Mike

Re: just my luck.....

mikeuk said:
I get to Dublin tomorrow, and they have finished and all gone home ! Guess I will have to find something(s) else to occupy me while I am there ?

Mike

That's great, maybe you can confirm that they are gone and that it's true.

Ramblin' Rose, do you know who this "guy" is? Did you see this at another fan site, or what was the source? I really want this to be true (sorry, Mike!)

Re: just my luck.....

mikeuk said:

Mike

Hi Mike!

No harm in going over there and eeking stuff out, asking questions, etc. Our readers love any tidbit! :) Keep in touch with me over email if you find/see anything.

Try Gerry on the gate at Principle - he's a legendary for the latest goings on.

biff said:
Ramblin' Rose, do you know who this "guy" is? Did you see this at another fan site, or what was the source? I really want this to be true (sorry, Mike!)

This is a personal friend of mine. He is a fan, but not a fanatic. He went to the studios specifically for me. He is not intimately familiar with all of the goings on over there and has told me this after spending way too many more hours at the studio than he should of just for me. He said he would go back if I wanted him to but I told him he had done enough. I had asked him to please ask Bono or whoever else he might meet from the band about the album, but he says that he saw them go in and out a lot but none of them came out to talk. The only person he actually spoke to was Dallas who told him what I repeated here. That they won't be back until October.

Make of it what you will. I really want this to be true also, and it should be easy enough to confirm with someone making a couple of more trips to HQ.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I wouldnt be surprised if they were finished there was all sorts of comings and goings last week (deliveries,video recording equipment and film crews)and none of the band came out during the day which is unusual.

Sounds like good news to me!!

Thanks Ramblin Rose. It sounds like you have a very good friend there, who went above and beyond.
Do you think it's time to alert our spies in the south of France to be on the look out for a small guy at the beach dressed all in black and wearing a really crappy cowboy hat?:wink:

Time for the band to tour!........here is the plan....take a good holiday, then rehearse the new stuff!!!!

If the album is finished, then they should be putting it in the stores as soon as possible. It could be in the stores by the beginning of September. Instead, there going to sit on it and wait till November. If this holds true, its because the marketing opportunities are better in November than September.

Now it's time to Willie Williams to go to the drawning board and start the design of the stage for the next year's tour:)

hope this is true, they probably need a break after the hard work it seems they put in finishing the album. Good News! Cant wait to hear the whole complete thing when it comes out! Enjoy the vacation fellas

Re: Re: just my luck.....

HelloAngel said:

Hi Mike!

No harm in going over there and eeking stuff out, asking questions, etc. Our readers love any tidbit! :) Keep in touch with me over email if you find/see anything.

I just posted a quick update on the `Where the album....", apparently it's a boy and a girl !

Mike

I just fine that 4 months an a half between the end of the making of the album(if the rumour is true) and the release date, is way too long.

It doesn't take 4 months an a half for mastering an album.

Back
Top Bottom