(07-03-2005) U2 the Fourth Biggest KROQ Band of all Time -- KROQ*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Used to listen to KROQ a lot but not so these days. The list doesn't surprise me but then again I don't think everyone agrees with it. Oh well U2 is my #1 and that's it!!:madspit: :D

U2girl said:

That may be, but I think a poll on (any radio station) best band of all time that doesn't include arguably the most influential bands, isn't worth much. :shrug:

I know what you mean, the Beach Boys didnt make the list either! In fact, Garbage was on this list and on their song "Push It" they were obviously influenced by Brian Wilson's vocals on "Don't Worry Baby" :mad:

Damn polls...

saltwaterkiss26 said:

'Biggest band of all time' seems like a silly thing to name a poll if you're not going to include the biggest bands of all time.

:shrug:

It was the biggest KROQ band of all time. Not the biggest band of all time of all radio stations. around here there are "KROQ bands" These are the types of bands that play Coachella every year.Lots of bands got their start and made it big becuase of KROQ.

The reason for the poll to begin with was so listeners could pick what they wanted played on the 4th of July weekend.

Pinball Wizard said:
One might say it was... a KROck.

:shh:

HAHAHA. That was blazingly original!!!!

LOL, when the Sex Pistols played the KROQ Inland Invasion show in 2002 (I think, I'm getting old), Johnny Rotten slammed KROQ and MTV, the events main sponsors. He said something like "thanks to KROQ of shit radio and eMTVessel Television".

redkat said:

It was the biggest KROQ band of all time. Not the biggest band of all time of all radio stations. around here there are "KROQ bands" These are the types of bands that play Coachella every year.Lots of bands got their start and made it big becuase of KROQ.

The reason for the poll to begin with was so listeners could pick what they wanted played on the 4th of July weekend.

FucKROQ

:madspit: Stupid list!!!
It's SOOOOO untrue to me that Green Day are no.1! Just because they have meade some "passable" songs this year, they're no.1??? GOD, U2 made some GOOD, GREAT, BEAUTIFUL ,(etc...lol) songs since like, ever, and they're only no.4!!! There must have been a HUGE mistake here...who's the person who put the name on the list...he must have done a mistake!!!!:mad:
Anyway, U2 are at the TOP¨of MYYYYY list...for this year and for EVER!!!!

^ ya i might have to agree w/ you radem ..
as far as a kroq band list, i think there are some great bands on there ... but the ordering is all whack!

i.e. :

dsmith2904 said:
5. Sublime
6. No Doubt
7. Rage Against The Machine
8. The Cure
yup it doesnt make sense ... all those bands ahead of the cure :|

dsmith2904 said:
13. Linkin Park
15. Radiohead
i demand a friggin recount!

dsmith2904 said:
21. Incubus
23. The Smiths/Morrissey
anyway you look at this, its just wrong

dsmith2904 said:
60. Jack Johnson
61. David Bowie
:eyebrow: not even in a topsy turvy universe do i believe that one

dsmith2904 said:
73. Sum 41
74. Talking Heads
icon30.gif
umm yea that's just wrong wrong wrong

dsmith2904 said:
86. The Used
87. Siouxsie & The Banshees
right.... i would love to see siouxsie kick everyone's ass from the used

other than that, im happy to see stone roses, echo on there as well as the clash in the top 20

Last edited:
Back in the day, KROQ was the only station around here that played U2. I still remember where I was (the 101 freeway on the way back from yet another concert) when we heard KLOS play U2. We all looked at the radio in the car and crapped out.

KROQ used to be cutting edge. They would never in a bazillion years have played the Who, Led Zep, or the Beatles. They would have sooner poked a pencil in their ears rather than play the fucking Beach Boys.

Now of course they play commercial shit, but twenty plus years ago, many of you would have been loyal listeners.

Back
Top Bottom