(07-02-2005) How U2 Bono saved me - The Sun*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
How U2 Bono saved me

THE girl who Bono famously saved from being crushed at Live Aid has spoken for the first time about her incredible moment — 20 years on.

Kal Khalique was just 15 when Bono saw she was being overwhelmed by the Wembley crowd. The U2 legend leapt off stage and pulled her free — then smooched with her as his band played on.

Kal, of Hampstead, North London, said: “The crowd surged and I was suffocating — then I saw Bono.

“Security helped him pull me out, then he held me and we danced. My heart was pounding.”

To see pictures of the rescue and Kal today, please go here:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005300466,00.html

I always thought that Bono was just doing his usual concert thing.

This is one of the most perfect articles to come out today.

I always wanted to hear Kal's story of one of the most meaningful and motivating moments of my life - the moment when Bono made his "leap of faith" into the audience at Wembley and hugged Kal.

Such a beautiful moment. :angel:

I hope everyone is still watching Live8 while checking out the Internet.

Watching, learning and motivating yourselves to GET INVOLVED in the biggest mass movement in the world today - the international movement to save Africa's Future.

http://www.whiteband.org :wink:

Jamila said:
This is one of the most perfect articles to come out today.

I always wanted to hear Kal's story of one of the most meaningful and motivating moments of my life - the moment when Bono made his "leap of faith" into the audience at Wembley and hugged Kal.

Such a beautiful moment. :angel:

I agree, that really moved me..:yes:

I was reading Conversations with Bono & he says that moment was staged. He was just trying to do something to capture the moment and that turned out to be a history making moment. He said that girl might have been there to see the Rolling Stones or David Bowie for all he knew. He said the rest of the band was mad at him cause they missed out on playing Pride.

Back
Top Bottom