(06-30-2005) U2 and Macca in Beatles Costumes -- The Rock Radio*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:
You're funny! :lol:

Every outfit U2 wears on stage is a "costume". The Fly character was in costume. MacPhisto was in costume. Bono's "hostage" character is in a costume. They all wore matching suits in the "Lemon" video - suits that were reflective of both U2 and the era just like Sgt. Pepper's suits were reflective of the Beatles and that era.

In other words, the notion of U2 in costume shouldn't be foreign to anyone.

:up:.

Nube Gris said:
Angela you're right but don't wanna see U2 being ridiculous in those Sgt pepers clothes

I won't think it's ridiculous :shrug:. I bet there were people in the 60s who probably thought the Beatles themselves looked ridiculous when they were in those clothes. But they did it anyway.

I'm really not seeing why some people here consider this a bad idea. If some people poke fun at it, so what? I would hope that people would be more mature to focus on the general concept of the concert instead of something as trivial as what some of the musicians involved are wearing.

Angela

Angela valid, your ideas are very sincere, i aprecciate that a lot....
I really do hope U2 does look great on that St Peppers clothes, maybe im a bit afraid of their looks thats all..
The important thing is that they put a set full of great tunes, full of heart and emotion and im sure they will

God, the love that ive got for this band is inmense, unmeasurable!

Goodbye

Oh, man. I think it's great that they'll be doing this song together with Paul McCartney to open the show but wearing the costumes is a horrible, horrible idea! It will look like a joke and hard to concentrate in the song. There are so many people who already don't take U2 seriously, this won't help and this time I can't even blame them. It's such a serious topic, why do this? How could Larry agree with this, he must be mellower with age now. I hope they at least take those clothes off and put some normal ones once they start playing their own songs. :yikes:

If the Chris Martin bit it true, then at least if U2 goes down (takes in beating in PR), they're taking Martin down with them.

Yesterday Access Hollywood reported on this and superimposed the boys into the ole costumes and they looked ridiculous. If they come out like that picture they will stopped being taken seriously in my opinion. I don't get why they need costumes for this show.

Could look cool. Playing a Beatles song, and wearing their clothes - who better to do it than U2? It's also not the first time U2 wore costumes.

(and unlike the last time they played one of their song, I don't think anyone will argue U2's status)

Last edited:
Watched the show; U2/McCartney didn't wear sgt pepper clothes.
There were three people playing horns on stage that did wear those clothes.

I'm glad they didn't wear the costumes. It's exciting enough to have Sir Paul and U2 performing together. Having them wear costumes would just distract from the music.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Yep.

And personally, I think U2 kicked butt on that performance with Paul. That was cool :yes: :up:. They did a great job.

This is so exciting...

Angela

I agree. The performance was very nice, poignant, sincere.
And the flying white doves were an excellent idea.

I just hope that the Live 8 will get its goal.

Also: don't you think Madonna was great? And Will Smith too!!!

I'm so proud Italy was a part of this event!

Oh, and the last thing: I think it was brilliant that U2 choose not to reply their '85 performance. They played new songs so they avoid any comparison with the past! Great!:wink:

The opening was great. I am glad that paul shared the stage with them only for few minutes, though... His whole demand on having to be the opening act did not impress me at all because as far as I am concerened if anyone deserved to open it was U2 alone..... Oh, well! I think U2 kicked ass with they performance.... especially ONE...

PLEASE STANBY FOR TRANSMISSION:I RECORDED U2 AND PAUL Mc CARTNEY 'S LIVE 8 PERFOMENCE ON DVD.WHEN I PLAYED THE DVD BACKWARD'S THIS IT WHAT IT SAID,"DO MORE WALKING,MAKE FEWER TRIP'S TO THE SUPERMARKET BY BUYING ENOUGH FOOD TO LAST LONGER THAT WAY YOU USE LESS PETROL.THEN YOU CAN DONATE SOME OF THE MONEY TO SOME OFF THESE IMPORTANT CAUSE'S.WRITE TO PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT AND INDUSTRY AND PRESS THEM TO SPEED UP INOVATION'S FOR ALTERNATIVE FUEL'S FOR VEHICLE'S AND POWER CONSUMPTION."NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS BLOWN AWAY BY THIS DISCOEVRY!LET'S ROCK THIS PLANET PEOPLE!!!!!PEACE,THE ROCKMEISTER

PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION:HELLO AGAIN.JUST WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR PREVIOUS MISSPELLING'S.I RECENTLY HAD SURGERY ON NERVE'S IN MY ARM.I'M TYPING THESE MESSAGE'S WITH MY TOE'S!PRETTY GOOD,HUH!!!!JUST IMAGINE WHAT OUR WORLD LEADER'S CAN DO IF THEYPUT THERE MIN'DS TO IT!PEACE, THE ROCKMEISTER

Back
Top Bottom