(06-29-2005) U2 in Cardiff -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 in Cardiff

The stadium is emptying and reports are just coming in from U2's show in Wales. First, the set list from U2.com:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year’s Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven’t Found
All I Want is You
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Pride (in the name of love)
Where the Streets have no name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

icWales covers the show here.

U2.com covers the show here.

Last edited:
Has anyone from the band made any mention of the logic or motivation behind playing a song twice in the same show, in this day and age? Just curious to know what they're personally getting out of playing "Vertigo" multiple times, when they could be playing something else. I understand doing it to pad a set when you only have one album to play, but with a catalogue as broad as U2's, you'd think double-dipping would never, ever happen.

agree.... but this topic has been discussed 1000 times and it seems that we can't do anything about it..... just enjoy the 2 versions of Vertigo, that's all!

Are you telling me my question has been answered elsewhere? Because, I don't think it has. You did notice that I asked a specific question, right?

Shade said:
Has anyone from the band made any mention of the logic or motivation behind playing a song twice in the same show, in this day and age?

Probably because a band shouldn't do that. So U2 does it.

And because this song really IS an extra number. Not what encores really is - just a part of the concert.

ElectricalVoice said:

Probably because a band shouldn't do that. So U2 does it.

And because this song really IS an extra number. Not what encores really is - just a part of the concert.

Oh, great - another absurdly defensive fan who doesn't read before posting a reply.

Back
Top Bottom