(06-28-2004) Eavis: U2 Confirmed for Glastonbury in 2005 - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Eavis: U2 Confirmed for Glastonbury in 2005

According to Glastonbury [Festival] organizer Michael Eavis, it has been confirmed today that U2 will be in fact, headlining next year's edition of the massive summer concert. He said, "I booked next year's main act today. They are one of the world's biggest bands and have a 2 in their name." This quote was displayed on Ch. 4 teletext in the UK.

To look back on current U2 world tour rumors, if the tour is due to launch in Miami in March 2005, that would put a possible European tour by the summer if the band does indeed headline the Glastonbury festival in June 2005.

For more information on this apparent U2 performance confirmation, please visit:
http://www.itv.com/news/759960.html

Thanks to meegannie!

Last edited:
oh wow. I am so there.

who else is on the bill? I've always wanted to go to that festival. this seems like the best excuse to do it.

Just saw this on the official Glastonbury site:

[Eavis] also let slip that there is a headline act confirmed for the next Festival, arranged this weekend, but would not be drawn on who it might be and laughed off questions like "Are they Irish?"

2 Many DJ's ???

Hey, I'm from Holland. Does anybody have an idea how to get tickets? Cause I heard they sell-out in a day....What's the best way to get them???

Grtz, Pascal.

WOW, that would be great!!!! U2 at Glastonbury.....maybe Pinkpop too?!?!?! :)

I was just searching for Glastonbury 2005 dates on google and i found this news which sucks if it happens...

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/040601c.shtml

Glastonbury 2005 tickets...
they've gotta be joking!!! Please?
01-06-04

Emily Eavis has just been on Radio 1, taking about how next year ticket sales are going to done differently. She's saying that no firm decision has been taken as yet, but that they're leaning towards a low-tech lottery type thing, where people send in their application, and presumably, the lucky ones are drawn out of the post sack.

But what a completely stupid idea!! Unless they plan to employ a huge team of people over months to key the details of each of half a million or so applications onto a database, to ensure that no one is applying more than once (and let's face it ... thats's not going to happen!!!), then the best way to get a ticket is to send in hundreds of applications each, thus increasing your chances! But of course, everyone else will do it too.

eFestivals predicted to the Festival the problems that would happen this year, when we were told of how ticketing would work. We were surprised to be told "there won't be any problems" ... huh!

BUT ... there is no perfect way to distribute a smaller number of tickets to a greater number of people. One thing that can be said for this years system is that those most dedicated at getting at ticket actually had the best chance of obtaining one, as the less determined gave up. The majority of those who lucked-out didn't try non-stop over the 23 hours and 40 minutes that tickets were available. And those who were still keen after that had opportunities to buy when further batches became available, when refunded duplicate purchases were put on sale.

If Emily's suggested system goes ahead, then everyone really does have an equal chance of attending, even if their interest is actually very low. Will this be good for the Festival that thrives on its fantastic atmosphere?

Remember 2002? With the new fence in place, thousands upon thousands of (honest - apart from fencejumping) people who normally came didn't believe they needed a ticket, and consequensely didn't get in. How was the atmosphere that year??

Why do tickets now sell out so fast? Did the event suddenly get five times more popular between 2002 and 2003? Or is that those who missed out in 2002 are determined to make sure they don't miss out again? How was the atmosphere in 2003 compared to 2002?

Michael : DO NOT DO IT!!! It'll change the atmosphere of the Festival completely. Find some other way, that gives those who have a determination to be at the Festival a chance to use that determination to get their ticket.

I also just thought of something.... Oasis, Coldplay, REM, along with U2, will be on tour for a new album next summer. They'll probably all play at Glastonbury..... if we could only throw radiohead into the mix, I'd die from a constant orgasm

Back
Top Bottom