(06-21-2005) Vertigo Glasgow -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Vertigo Glasgow

Get the set list (yes, the band did play "Vertigo" twice), stories and reviews of U2's Scotland show here. Next stop, Dublin!

Thanks to our Set List Party friends for the following:

Vertigo
All Because Of You
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
Yahweh
Vertigo

The Evening Times reviews the show here.

Get U2.com's set list here.

Last edited:
Just back, right on the barrier of Edge's catwalk/b-stage, fuckin' great show, I'm so glad I got to hear Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, especially with Bono out at the aforementioned b-stage for the whole song, up close and personal. Very special indeed, kicked Manchester 1's ass, crowd were much much better too.

wow, if anyone thought the first leg's setlists were static...check this out.

playing vertigo twice is unacceptable. even if i did spell it correctly.

ive just got back from my high school prom... im so dissapointed i missed this concert, i was only 20 miles or less away from it!

What the hell do they need to play the same song twice in one show for? This isn't 1980, where they needed to play 11 O'Clock Tick Tock just to pad the show out to a couple hours.

Yeah, the setlist isn't that much different from the rest of the tour, but it's a hell of a show, I can't complain, it's a different thing reading a setlist and actually seeing it in action. The execution makes the difference.

Glasgow blew Twickenham away and then some.

In the future anyone out there that want's to see them in Dublin but can't get tickets then Glasgow is your next best bet. The Irish/Celtic fans give it a great atmosphere.

to the people that keep moaning about Vertigo being played twice.....

if you weren't there, shut up. it is acceptable, more than acceptable...it was superb. i was there and it worked. now give it a rest, you moaning minnies.

ewen said:
to the people that keep moaning about Vertigo being played twice.....

if you weren't there, shut up. it is acceptable, more than acceptable...it was superb. i was there and it worked. now give it a rest, you moaning minnies.

People who didn't go to shows have just as much right to complain about setlists as people who did. Just as you have every right to continue being a domineering prick.

This is a load of crap.

The band not only played Vertigo twice (the worst idea since the Lemon) - they played the same set as the previous show.

I think the wrong people are advising the band as to what the fans want to see.

That is unfortunate.

I still for the life of me do not understand why they play that song twice...

Such a dumb idea.

Shade said:

People who didn't go to shows have just as much right to complain about setlists as people who did. Just as you have every right to continue being a domineering prick.

excuse me?

I've been a fan since 1982 and when I heard that they had been repeating Vertigo on the tour I thought the same "wtf?". I reserved comment though until I went to Hampden. What can I say....it worked. It's up to U2 what they want to play and how they play it. So do yourself a favour and go listen to Metallica if you don't like it.

"domineering prick", wtf? asshole.

Last edited:
:up: Ewen!! I was there&it totally rocked when they played Vertigo the 2nd time&it was the best performance of the tour so far!!!! :yes: :rockon:

Glasgow people know how to go crazy for it! :dance: :love:

ewen said:

excuse me?

I've been a fan since 1982 and when I heard that they had been repeating Vertigo on the tour I thought the same "wtf?". I reserved comment though until I went to Hampden. What can I say....it worked. It's up to U2 what they want to play and how they play it. So do yourself a favour and go listen to Metallica if you don't like it.

"domineering prick", wtf? asshole.

I'm closing this thread. If you want to seriously discuss the show, check out one of the Tour area forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom