(06-14-2005) Live 8 - Bono has a missile for Thom - BBC*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Live 8 - Bono has a missile for Thom

Bono's appealed to Radiohead to join the line-up for Live 8.

The texting line for tickets closed today and names will be selected at random. Rock veterans Pink Floyd have just been added to the bill at Hyde Park in London next month.

Tickets are now available for the event in Scotland, visit here for more ticket details:

Speaking to Jo Whiley before U2's gig in Belgium - Bono said he hoped Thom Yorke would change his mind:

"It's very difficult for people, they can do whatever they want as far as I am concerned. They are that great, they're that special to me."

"If they don't want to do this, then fair play to them."

"I would love to see them, Thom if you heard this, I've a little missile on the way."

We've been speaking to REM about playing the free concert on July 2nd. They were on the bill at this weekend's Isle of Wight festival.

Michael Stipe told us that most Americans aren't aware about the campaign to relieve third world debt:

"I think the most important thing about this really is that it's going to open a lot of people's eyes."

"I live in a country where a lot of people are struggling so much to get through their day and their week that it doesn't look like the land of milk and honey."

"In comparison to some of the countries we're talking about, it certainly does, but people are not as educated as they are in Europe."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/chartnews/050613_live8.shtml

I REALLY REALLY wish Radiohead would play at Live 8. I'm a massive fan; and seeing as Thom and Jonny performed on Band Aid 20; you'd think they'd play. They said something about Jonnys wife having a baby; but still; its just down the road from Oxford; surely its not too much to ask for them to come out on stage for half an hour and play a few songs? I hope Bonos missile ( I wonder what that is :wink: ) does the trick.

if by Missle he means a massive rant on the phone. He shouldn't bother. Radiohead are working on the new album and spacing their time out in such a way that it's just not possible to suddenly play an off-the-cuff performance in front of thousands of people! :| I think people should just leave it honestly...

Oh whatever...just play the fucking thing and consider yourself lucky to be a millionaire rockstar - in fact use your imagination and play some stuff off the "new album" that you're working on. Geez, some people just piss me off. What an opportunity to do something cool and you're too busy - fuck that!!!!

Back
Top Bottom