(06-13-2005) Bono's Entourage -- People*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono's Entourage

It seems like playing high-powered agent Ari on HBO's "Entourage" has rubbed off on Jeremy Piven. In fact, during a backstage visit to a U2 concert, the actor took it upon himself to corral frontman Bono into making a guest appearance on the show. "I had to wait for the right moment," Piven says. "I basically just wore him down. I waited until the end of the evening – it was a million o'clock and I just kind of slipped it in there." And like any good dealmaker, Piven also talked to the band's manager and Bono's assistant. "I just had to cover my bases," he says.

His hard work paid off. "There we are shooting at the U2 concert," Piven told us at a party for "Entourage" sponsored by Cuervo and Ginger at New York City club Libation. "I asked (Bono) if he would say something on the mic. I can't say what, because I'll literally be killed. But he actually did it. He's a man of his word. It was incredible."

--People

I think my friend and I saw them filming pre-concert at Staples... We were trying to find our way in (never been to Staples center before), when we noticed we were walking by these guys draped with an Ireland flag followed by these model-esque girls. A major camera (meaning, not some Canon recorder) was following them, and a guy with a white board (for light reflection? It was getting dark) was ahead of them... My friend had seen the show (I'd never heard of it) and said the guy draped in the flag looked familiar... We ended up in the shot though - it was very weird - we just wanted to get in (we're southern californians with no film ambitions whatsoever) to see U2... So, yeah... Uh... We think we saw them - but can't be sure... :)

Anyone know when this will air? I'm not really a fan of this show so this makes two episodes I've had to sit through.

I was there when the show was being filmed I asked the producer is they needed extras and he said yes, I saw when they too many takes of the main characters of the show walking down the sidewalk as Kevin Dillon (Matt Dillon's brother) wrapped him self in an Irish flag and commented that it was a
"Beautiful Day"They kept filming that same scene over and over and over again I got bored and we had to into the venue to find our seats, I still might see it though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom