(06-12-2005) FBI Investigates Complaints of Phony U2 Tickets -- AP*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
FBI Investigates Complaints of Phony Tickets Sold for U2 Concert

(Boston - AP) — The FBI is investigating complaints from U2 fans who claim they were sold counterfeit tickets to the rock group's show at the FleetCenter last month.

More than 300 fans showed up at the sold-out show on May 24th with phony tickets they had purchased over the Internet.

FleetCenter spokesman Jim Delaney says some of the fans paid up to two-thousand dollars for a pair of the counterfeit tickets. Most of the bogus tickets were computer printouts that the fans had purchased from online scalpers.

A spokeswoman for the FBI's Boston office says agents are investigating the scam, but she wouldn't comment on the case. Attorney General Thomas Reilly's office also is investigating.

Did this impact anyone on this forum? If so, can you PM me the name of the broker you used that misrepresented themselves? I've purchased tickets from online brokers for 2 MSG shows in November and 1 in Vegas. The agent's website is quite large and has favorable ratings with the BBB, in addition to be rated #1 ticket agent in their area.... should I be worried?

I'm sorry, but if you pay $2,000 for a pair of CONCERT tickets...not saying you should get fake ones, but you really need to rearrange your priorities. I LOVE LOVE U2, but I would never ever pay that kind of money to see a rock concert. If they played in my living room, yes I would pay that, but in an arena where the face value of some tickets are $50!! Never. If someone is charging that kind of money, you have to be suspicious of them. Come on!

Had a great experience with stub hub. Got Chicago GA's for Bono's birthday. I was a little nervous about their being fakes, but they looked very real compared to the ones I bought directly from Ticketbastard. Best part of the story was the tickets got me and my buddy into the eclipse for a once in a lifetime experience with a DVD to remeber it by!

Back
Top Bottom