(06-10-2005) Bono Takes on Ozzy's Swearing Habit - Contact Music*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
BONO TAKES ON OZZY'S SWEARING HABIT

U2 frontman BONO loves impersonating OZZY OSBOURNE - because it gives him a chance to swear at his own children.

The VERTIGO singer's daughters JORDAN, 15, and EVE, 13, make fun of their rockstar father when he is tired, because he starts to employ Osbourne's trademark shuffle.

But Bono doesn't mind being teased, as it means he can respond in the same way the BLACK SABBATH star would - by swearing at them.

He says, "It's very Osbourne in our house.

"The girls, if I'm very tired, if I had a very late night, they see me shuffling.

"They say, 'You're shuffling like Ozzy.' And I say (impersonating Osbourne) 'F**k off! F**k off!'

"I don't swear at my children in my own voice, only in Ozzy's. That's what great about Ozzy, I get to swear at my children in his voice."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/bono takes on ozzys swearing habit

Other than Bono needs to wash his mouth out with soap (I'm trying to cut down on the cussing, myself), I think this is pretty darn funny.

Ahh, to be a fly on the wall in the Hewson household.

I'm finding out that Europeans swear alot more than Americans. Maybe that's not the right way to say it, they swear alot more casually than we do. And, some things that are considered really bad, mean nothing to us. For instance, giving someone 2 fingers is much worse than just one.

Last edited:
You got that right, Beverly. I mean, we can't even SAY the "C" word here, while the Brits toss it around like nothing--"ya c---" is a compliment even! I'mnot talking outof my rear here. I read in an interview that the American stars of "Lord of the Rings", esp the youngest ones--Elijah Wood, etc--were shocked when they heard the other two "hobbits" talking. They were floored by the way Dom and Billy (Merry and Pippin) went around dropping this expression. Them!! They started getting into it after a while. They even started calling Cate Blanchett (Galdriel) "her c$$$liness."

I think it's our prudish Puritan legacy.

^ It's always amused me what we "Yanks" consider vulgar and obscene versus what Europe considers the same. Nudity, for example... you'd think every censor in the US was a rabid nun, out to purge the world of sin. :lol: Europe's much more laid back about that kind of thing - if they weren't would Benny Hill have ever had a career?? :lmao:

kellyahern said:
I hope contact music is giving credit to the author of "Bono in Conversation" for all the stuff they are lifting from his book and calling it news :|
That's what I was thinking! Word for word, even! :shrug:

Good story, though! :laugh: One of many from that book!

Back
Top Bottom