(06-09-2006) Thanks for Your Patience -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Thanks for Your Patience

We at U2.com would like to thank you for your patience around the recent postponement of the Vertigo Tour dates. As we're sure you can appreciate, changes of this nature generate a great deal of work behind the scenes.

We hope to have the situation resolved soon. We apologise for the delay and thank you again for your continued patience.

--U2.com

I had tickets for March 25th when I was in Melbourne.
Then the shows were postponed and I so hoped that I could stay in Australia till November/December.

Now I had to go home because I didn't find work :(

I know the reason for the postponement is really very important, but it's sad anyways.

It doesn't sound much like a statement from the band.

More likely that it was drafted by a certain moderator over on the zoo in order to quell the imminent uprising about the delay in any word on the rescheduling...god forbid anyone be allowed to speak their mind over there!

Last edited:
Is this news article necessary? I mean, U2.com isn't saying anything here that is worthwhile, it just seems like the same ole "WE'RE ABOUT TO TELL THE DATES." I mean, I realize the severity of the situation but these little "almost there" articles don't help. :sad:

people begged for some sort of statement and here it is, but yet you still moan?

jeesus

KUEFC09U2 said:
people begged for some sort of statement and here it is, but yet you still moan?

jeesus

I am not the type to be complaining, and actually I'm not. When I read it, my first thought was...
who's the statement actually from. Doesn't in any way say it's from the band.

I'd wait forever for this band.

I was under the impression the official website speaks on behalf of the band/U2 organisation.

I'm sure that the only thing good enough would be a hand-written letter signed by band members.

I never take anything for granted.

I do recall when Larry addressed the situation with the tixs, he signed his name.

Either way, good things are worth waiting for.

xaviMF22 said:

yes and what a great statement it is:drool:
why go on what did you want them to say? because its pretty obvious they dont know themselves? you wanted them to lie to you? you wanted them to say something that was totally untrue just so you could moan at that aswell?

U2 fans=sometimes the best fans in the world

Bono brought my letter of apology to my house, it was the least he could do he said, ha! Seriously, wish the statement said a little more but it gives me confidence in knowing that they are trying very hard to figure out the best possible resolution to this sad situaiton.

KUEFC09U2 said:
why go on what did you want them to say? because its pretty obvious they dont know themselves? you wanted them to lie to you? you wanted them to say something that was totally untrue just so you could moan at that aswell?

U2 fans=sometimes the best fans in the world

I'm glad U2 fans in Liverpool know exactly what U2 fans in Australia are like, are feeling and are thinking. :happy:

It would be nice to let us know the dates in November as people want to plan things. I thought Bono Said on the Denton Interview dates where going to be announced the following day for November. I think the band themselves don't even know!

Back
Top Bottom