(06-06-2005) On the Road: Rocko Reedy -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
On the Road: Rocko Reedy

In the latest installment of its "On the Road" series of profiles with Vertigo Tour crew members, U2.com turns its attention to Stage Manager Rocko Reedy. The complete interview is available to members here but a snippet is below.

Working with U2 compared to other touring bands

It’s more challenging because it’s more precise a performance. Most bands perform their set of songs and that’s it but with U2 there’s certain energy and magic that comes together from the way they put on a show.

The other day we were rehearsing a certain set and then it all suddenly changed – when they change gear they don’t use the clutch. You can’t predict what they will perform. I saw this radical set list change and thought ‘Where the hell is this coming from?’. And I think the audience were even in shock and awe when they blazed through these early hits. U2 are unpredictable, which is probably why I like working for them more than anyone. With some bands you see the same show every day, but with these guys I could watch them every day… although I have never seen an entire U2 show in my life. Other than on video.

--U2.com

:up: Cool. I wonder if he's talking about Boston 2 with the "radical" set list change.

Back
Top Bottom