(06-06-2005) Idlewild Bag U2 Support - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
IDLEWILD BAG U2 SUPPORT

IDLEWILD have revealed details of a new single on the day they have been confirmed to support U2 at two UK shows.

The band release ‘El Capitan’, on July 11. It’s the third track to be lifted from the Scottish outfit’s new LP ’Warnings/Promises’.

As already announced on NME.COM, Idlewild will spend the summer in the main playing festivals and supporting REM on their UK stadium tour.

The full list of shows is as follows:

Isle Of Wight Festival (June 10)
City Of Manchester Stadium (15) (U2 support)
Manchester Lancashire Country Cricket Club (17) (REM support)
London Twickenham Stadium (19) (U2 support)
Isle Of Skye Festival (18)
Hull KC Stadium (July 5)(REM support)
Nottingham Forest Football Club (6) (REM support)
Ipswich Town Football Club (8) (REM support)
London Hyde Park (9) (REM support)
Cardiff Millennium Stadium (10) (REM support)
BBC2 Radio Cambridge Folk Festival (31)
Summer Sundae Weekender (August 12)
V Festival (Stafford) (20)
V Festival (Chelmsford) (21)

http://www.nme.com/news/112588.htm

This makes me want to cry. Cry with anger. It also makes me realize how disappointed I am that I saw Kings of Leon twice when Europe gets different opening bands ever other night (and they're virtually all bands I absolutely love).

u2popmofo said:
This makes me want to cry. Cry with anger. It also makes me realize how disappointed I am that I saw Kings of Leon twice when Europe gets different opening bands ever other night (and they're virtually all bands I absolutely love).

We can cry together. :sad:

u2popmofo said:
Tell me about it. If I don't love the band, I'm interested in hearing more from them and seeing them live.

:|

Back
Top Bottom