(05-27-2005) See Morleigh in LA! -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
See Morleigh in LA!

As part of Dance Camera West, a month-long celebration of dance films across Los Angeles, Morleigh Steinberg will be presenting "Height of Sky" at the Hammer Museum on June 12 at 2 p.m. Details as follows:

Sunday, June 12, 2:00 p.m.

HEIGHT OF SKY, Oguri
Morleigh Steinberg, Ireland, 75 min, 2004
Followed by Q&A with filmmaker Morleigh Steinberg and dancer Oguri
After moving from the lush greenery of Japan to the arid city of Los Angeles, acclaimed Butoh dancer, Oguri, finds himself transplanted to a totally alien environment. Needing to find connection to this new place, Oguri embarks on a unique and personal journey, leading him into the stunning and unforgiving vastness of the California deserts. Having never seen a desert before, Oguri spends two years investigating his dance and his own identity as a Japanese dancer in America.

For more information on the screening and Q&A visit http://www.dancecamerawest.org/schedule4.htm.

u2valleygirl said:
I am going to check this out.

me too u2valleygirl! maybe i'll see you there :wink: i will most likley be wearing a green hat and a black sweater with a u2 (achtung era) patch on the right shoulder.

I wonder if we'll see any pictures or get her Q&A transcribed. :hmm: I've seen a couple of her films and they're very good. I'd love to see this one.

Edgette said:
I wonder if we'll see any pictures or get her Q&A transcribed. :hmm: I've seen a couple of her films and they're very good. I'd love to see this one.

I am planning to be there on behalf of Interference.com and will have a writeup posted shortly thereafter. Unfortunately cameras aren't allowed so we probably won't have pictures.

I went to the screening and it was cancelled due to "unexpected technical difficulties" per a flyer there.

The Evans' owe me some gas money. :grumpy:

All joking aside, I was really bummed. As a dancer, I had a great interest in seeing this film. No word as to if they would reschedule.

Last edited:
According to organizers, there was a problem with the DVD and that's why this screening was cancelled at the last minute. The event is being rescheduled and we will let you know as soon as we have details on the new date.

yeah i was totally bummed too. :( im sure morleigh wont let us down though. i'm looking foreward to its rescheduled date.

Back
Top Bottom