(05-21-2007) Bono joins Irish task force on world hunger-France 24*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Bono joins Irish task force on world hunger-France 24

Bono, the Irish rock star and anti-poverty campaigner, is joining a task force set up by Dublin to examine how it can help reduce world hunger, Aid Minister Conor Lenihan announced Monday.

Bono, lead singer of the rock band U2, has been campaigning with compatriot and fellow rock star, Live Aid co-founder Bob Geldof, for greater global efforts to tackle poverty in developing countries.
Lenihan said he was delighted that the rocker, whose real name is Paul Hewson, had agreed to join the government's Hunger Task Force launched in April.

It also includes experts from Nigeria, Peru, Britain, Ireland and the United States.

"Bono's commitment to the developing world is well known. I am confident that he will bring his trademark enthusiasm, experience and insights to the task force," Lenihan said.

"His participation will give the issue of global hunger and malnutrition the level of attention that it deserves."
Headed by former Irish agriculture minister Joe Walsh, the task force will be part of Ireland's efforts to achieve the first United Nations Millennium Development Goal of halving world poverty and hunger by 2015.

It is required to report before the end of the year.
http://www.france24.com/france24Pub...p-news.html?id=070521201028.wyofekre&cat=null

Bono is an angel in devil shoes.... I wonder how Ali feels about this :angel: (the angel is for Ali!!) altho it is close to home, how much more will he take on?? - since he seems to have time...i've got a mission for him....oh wait--that wouldn't have anything to do with world hunger (only mine!!):drool: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom