(05-20-2005) Speculation -- REM and U2? -- NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Speculation: REM and U2?

In a short interview posted by NME, REM lead singer Michael Stipe discusses his post-tour plans, including the possibility of one of the greatest double-bills in modern rock history.

"I don't really have it mapped out beyond the end of the tour, I don't really have plans. I'm going to stay in Europe for a spell and probably jump on the U2 tour and the Patti Smith tours, just to allow my adrenalin to creep down rather than crash from our tour. And just spend time with friends and family."

Thanks ark!

TheBrazilianFly said:
I think that just means he wants to hang out with U2 while their on tour not that he wants to play with them. :slant:

Agreed. I saw this on the murmurs website and I didnt think of any collaboration between him and u2.. Just going to shows and hanging out with U2.. Just my two cents.

sure, that's probably right, but wouldn't it just be the most amazing thing if he felt like say playing with U2 on the third leg?!

no way, I know...but one can dream...

cheers!

I'm not sure how you can intrepret Michael Stipe saying he's going to see the U2 and Patty Smith shows in Europe when the REM tour is over as implying the band REM is opening for U2. It's kinda screwy logic isn't it?:huh:

U2dork said:
I'm not sure how you can intrepret Michael Stipe saying he's going to see the U2 and Patty Smith shows in Europe when the REM tour is over as implying the band REM is opening for U2. It's kinda screwy logic isn't it?:huh:

Yeah, yeah, NME bad for being so sensationalist and creating 'rumors' for the sake of it, but we're just fantasizing is all...
cheerio!

Back
Top Bottom