(05-08-2005) Classic Albums Live Bringing 'Joshua Tree' to Toronto - Interference*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Classic Albums Live Bringing 'Joshua Tree' to Toronto

Ed. Note -- We have received the following message from Dale with Classic Albums Live about an upcoming performance of "The Joshua Tree" in Toronto on May 19.

I thought a lot of you would definitely want to hear about this!

There is a hugely popular concert series in Toronto called Classic Albums Live. What they do is take rock's greatest albums and re-create them live on stage note for note, cut for cut with incredible musicians.

It's not a tribute show or a cover band however! No one dresses up or acts the part of the featured artist. It is all about the music, and re-creating it live just as its heard on the recording. It's like a recital. Classic Albums Live is an unprecedented concept, and an amazing musical experience. The series has been getting rave reviews for 2 years and has expanded to include such major markets as New York, Orlando, and Vancouver.

On Thursday, May 19, The Joshua Tree will be faithfully re-created live on stage note for note in its entirety at the Phoenix Concert Theatre! 6 musicians will grace the stage to capture absolutely every detail of the recording! Additional U2 classics will be performed live after completion of the album as well. We did this album last year as well and it was a huge success!

2005 is U2's year, and for those who can't wait to see them live, definitley come see this show! Tickets are only $15. Group rates can be made available for Interference members if requested here.

Visit: www.classicalbumslive.com

Last edited:
Oh my god I'm such an idiot. Thanks guys. Just goes to show I know nothing about Canada or Phoenix, Az for that matter. Fixing now.

Someone record it? That's hilarious...a recording of a note for note live counterfeit performance of the album...wouldn't that be like listening to the original recording? (only worse because I doubt that have anyone singing who sounds as good as Bono, or playing as good as Edge, Larry, or Adam?)

IMHO, this classic album performance idea sounds interesting if the band is already broken up or all dead, but this is a complete insult to U2 as a continuing live band, particularly when they're actually on tour and at their creative best. I can't imagine any real U2 fans supporting this cockeyed idea.

U2 live is about much more than the music, as anyone who has attended a live U2 show would know. Hopefully U2 fans boycott this embarrassing "live" performance, to show that our dedication to the band and their music is not as superficial as wanting to hear a fake live album show performed note for note. Ridiculous, insulting, and very much against the spirit of U2 and their music.

I've seen some of these Classic Albums Live shows, and they're pretty damn impressive. I saw them perform "The Joshua Tree" last year, and as a huge U2 fan, I was blown away. The whole audience was blown away for that matter. Everyone seemed to love it.

The musicians are top notch, and it's pretty amazing to see them pull off albums like Sgt. Pepper's and Dark Side of the Moon, note for note as they say, but it's true. And just because U2 are still alive doesn't mean us fans can't enjoy an amazing presentation like this. And, the vocals were nailed, dead on.

I feel a show like this is very much with the U2 spirit. You probably think they can't pull it off, but you'd be surprised. I would recommend this show to anyone, and especially U2 fans. These shows should be seen before judged.

So, who else is going to come check out this show? Believe me, if it's what I saw last year, it'll be pretty great.

See you there.

billybob said:
So, who else is going to come check out this show? Believe me, if it's what I saw last year, it'll be pretty great.

See you there.

I live in Toronto and the feedback that I heard about the last show wasn't great, and that was from other hard core fans.

Besides, who wants to hear the studio version of Bullet?

Back
Top Bottom