(05-06-2008) There's Still Time to Donate to Bono's Birthday Well! - AWF*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
There's Still Time to Donate to Bono's Birthday Well!

The African Well Fund is accepting donations for its sixth annual Bono's Birthday Well fundraiser, "Walk to the Water … Walk with Me," through Saturday, May 10, Bono's 48th birthday. Donations can be made at http://www.africanwellfund.org/Bono-Well-2008.html.

Donors to the Bono's Birthday Well are invited to sign their names to an online birthday card that will be forwarded to Bono. Last year Bono sent a thank-you note to African Well Fund that can be viewed at the well homepage, http://www.africanwellfund.org/Bono-Well-2008.html. The well page also includes flyers, banners and avatars that can be uploaded or forwarded to spread the word on the fundraiser.

The first Bono's Birthday Well fundraiser was held in 2003 with the intent of collecting $1,000 to build one well in Bono's honor. That year, the African Well Fund collected more than $10,000. The second year, $15,000 was raised. More than $26,000 was collected for Bono's Birthday Well in 2005. Over $32,000 was collected in 2006.

Last year saw the largest Bono's Birthday Well total to date, with more than $34,000 collected. Those funds were used toward projects at several schools in Uganda implemented in partnership with Invisible Children and Africare. These projects are currently underway.

Tax-deductible donations to the African Well Fund are used by our partner organization Africare to fund various water projects in Africa. To date, African Well Fund donations have given more than 100,000 people in 10 African nations improved access to water.

Last edited:
I have donated every year and I feel so bad that I am unable to do so this year. I will make up for it as soon as I am gainfully employed and in a position to donate again.

No worries Carek! We've all been there. The good news is you can donate any time you want.

Me, i'm waiting for that darn Economic stimulus check to come...

What a Dublin Powerhouse that boy is , Happy Birthday Man

We Are Going to the Irish Embassy , PJ obriens and six steps
all owned by the Quinn Family , That used to own the Quinn
Department stores in Dublin

Mr Quinn was the First person Ever in Canada to Bring Mick
Jagger of the Rolling Stones to Canada , and Just Recently Met
with Mary , the President of Ireland out here in Toronto to Launch
A New Irish Exhibit in Toronto

I Could have done the Landscaping on it , Missed it

Anyways , You Know I Love you Man , and You Know that is was
So True In 1997 at the Popmart Tour , I was Just So in Awe That
I Met The Man Himself , that i did not want to Wreck the Concert
for Everyone Else

Thats How Much I love Ya Man

All the Best For Yourself , and Hey Man , Dont Even Be Cool About it , Go Out and Get Fucking Hammered Man

I Know that i for Sure will at this Stag on Friday night for the New
Man Kevin

Hes Getting Married to Frank Carsons Granddaugher and Franks
Brother Paddy , is Our Good Family Friend , Hes The Guy that Introduced Paul Martin at all the Big Functions , Meanwhile it should have Been Paul Martin Introducing Paddy Carson

Have Fun Man

I Love Ya

Huey McCormack

Thanks to everyone who supported this year's fundraiser for Bono's birthday project. We'll have totals in a few weeks and information on this year's project.

Back
Top Bottom