(05-05-2006) Bono Likens Foreign Aid to Tithing -- Dallas Morning News*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A video of part of his speech while he was in Grand Rapids, Michigan on May 4th can be found here:

http://video.woodtv.com/

Unlike Dallas, we aren't use to having members of the greatest rock band in the world visit. Bono was on the front page of the Grand Rapids Press 2 days in a row.

Um...I just thought he was signing "Word"??

That pic with Bush signing "Word" was hilarious..as God is my judge, likely the only thing associated with this man that will ever make me laugh!!

BTW, I was thinking the same thing with the hair....anybody want to bet that the "return to the sincerity and ringing guitars of the 80's" phase might be over, now that Bono has seen for himself the unforgiveable gutting of HIS Millenium Challenge Account over the past 5 yrs(that was a DATA proposal, not a Bush one; he gave it to Bush and to this day I'm amazed that he's been able to stand back and let Bush get all the politcal credit for "inventing" the MCC) ....we might be back to a techno-savvy "Zoo" cycle again....anyway, the new album should be interesting....though they'll likely fight again, Bono and Edge, b/c as usual Bono will want to go off in new musical directions and Edge will be going through a NOLA-tribute-inspired "roots music" phase, and a musical conflict similar to the 1984-86 UF/JT one might be coming...sorry to get off on a musical tangent in this thread, but that's what short hair on Bono tells me....he gets bored with a look and feel after, um, about 5 yrs?

Geez, I'm pathetic....I guess that's what being a fan for a couple decades does to you....you over intellectualize.....but sometimes I'm right...I remember taking one look at the blue smoke at the end of RTSS on ZOOTV and thinking, "Oh God, with these guys, it likely MEANS something" and then I find out a couple yrs later in Bill Flanagan's book that it did.....it was an illusion to Vietnam....

..time to go hide in a box now....:reject:

Last edited:
AtomicBono said:

dude if I wanted to just listen to Bono sing to me, I have an iPod...

I'd probably take talking to Bono for an afternoon over a U2 concert, even, but only because I've already seen U2 while I have yet to meet B-man.

dude, there is a difference between listening to u2 on an ipod and listening to them singing to you live, right in front of you :wink: !!

Back
Top Bottom