(05-01-2005) Nelson Mandela to Join Bono at AIDS Concert -- contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Nelson Mandela to Join Bono and Will Smith at AIDS Concert

NELSON MANDELA will lead an all-star line-up alongside BONO and WILL SMITH at an AIDS charity concert in Norway this summer (05).

South Africa's first black president is set to travel to Tromsoe, Norway, for the event - dubbed '46664 ARCTIC' after Mandela's prison number - on 11June (05).

Mandela will highlight the need for more action to fight the AIDS pandemic affecting 25 million Africans at the gig.

--contactmusic

Excellent news - the "46664" Campaign continues!

But what is most important is NOT the celebrities who voice their concern about the world's most desparately poor people. but what WE DO, as citizens of the world, to KEEP THE PRESSURE UP ON OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS, to make poverty history in our lifetimes.:yes:

:ohmy: :shocked:

OH MY !£?&%@!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'M GOING TO TROMSØ!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Have to go, have to go, have to go...

For everyone in Norway (or anywhere else for that matter!) that got just as excited as I did over the Contact Music news or anyone that might consider going to Tromsø in June - I just got this e-mail after asking for confirmation about the news and thought I should pass the info around:

Sorry, but "Contact Music" is not bringing valid information about our concert. The official list of artists will be announced in a few days on our web-site.

Bjørn Erik Jansen
Head of PR
46664 Arctic

www.46664arctic.no brings the official news - no one else... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom