(04-28-2006) New Book Sparks Debate on Best U2 Song of All Time --AuthorHouse*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
New Book Sparks Debate on Best U2 Song of All Time

Interactive Handbook Offers Method to Rate, Score and List Favorite U2 Songs

NEW YORK – Few bands have achieved such a legendary status around the world as U2. Like many other loyal fans of these modern rock icons, Salvatore Petronella and Christopher Sorgie have spent many hours engaged in friendly debate about the band’s top songs. Their new book, U2itude: The Ultimate Handbook for U2 Fans (now available through AuthorHouse), offers an objective ratings system that helps listeners organize the best songs in this band’s impressive career.

With the U2itude™ Rating Compass, listeners can rank the songs in the U2 collection according to five categories: music, lyrics, message, energy and “U2itude,” or “essential U2.” Using this formula helps readers embark on the fun and engaging task of scoring tunes and making a neutral determination about the songs that have shaped the lives of many music fans around the world. A brief description of each album and songs offers a fantastic commentary based on the authors’ love of U2, which has spanned more than two decades.

Without being a critical analysis or interpretive guide to U2 tunes, the book does provide unique, thought-provoking and sometimes outrageous top 10 lists. From the best U2 songs for a road trip, essential U2 songs for romance and top tracks for dancing or playing air guitar or drums, the top 10 lists included are a fun and engaging way to see this rock band’s work in a new light.

“The key ingredient to U2’s phenomenal longevity has been the ‘U2itude’ factor. No other band could have possibly recorded such stunning work,” Petronella writes. “We are delighted to help U2 fans as well as general music lovers uncover the secret to U2’s top tracks and albums and evaluate for themselves.”

From the classics on “The Joshua Tree” to U2’s Grammy-winning album “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb,” U2itude is the supreme guide for ranking dozens of excellent tunes.

Petronella and Sorgie plan to donate 10 percent of the proceeds from the book to The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, an organization long-supported by U2’s lead singer, Bono. The authors met in high school in Queens, N.Y., and built the foundation for their friendship on their common passion for the band. In marathon sessions over beer and coffee, they debated the top 10 U2 songs, and their conversations blossomed into this book. Petronella holds a bachelor’s degree in creative writing from Queens College, City University of New York and is the division director of a creative staffing firm. A husband and father in Northport, N.Y., he is a produced playwright, published poet and freelance writer whose work has appeared in publications such as Newsday. Sorgie is corporate vice president and advertising director for a Fortune 100 financial services company. A graduate of Baruch College, he is also a husband and father living in southern Westchester County.

AuthorHouse is the premier publishing house for emerging authors and new voices in literature. For more information, please visit www.authorhouse.com.

--AuthorHouse

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With or Without You
4. Bullet the Blue Sky
5. Running to Stand Still
6. Red Hill Mining Town
7. In God's Country
8. Trip Through Your Wires
9. One Tree Hill
10. Exit

Done, close topiX :love:

1. One
2. Where the Streets Have No Name
3. Bad
4. With or Without You
5. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
6. Beautiful Day
7. Pride (in the name of love)
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. I Will Follow
10. I Still Haven't Found...

1- I Still Haven't Found...

2- All I Want....

3 - I Will Follow

4- One

5- Tomorrow

6- Pride

7- Love Is Blindness

8- Unforgettable Fire

9- Drowning man

10- Vertigo

At least that's my opinion today

Mike

1. Bad
2. Tomorrow
3. Gone
4. Please
5. Out Of Control
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. Running To Stand Still
8. Exit
9. Love Is Blindness
10. Drowning Man

My list would probably change every few days........

I actually have burned different compilations of U2 songs onto Cds, to listen to depending on what mood i'm in or what i'm doing...:reject:

I kinda like the list you've got going there Harry.... for now. :wink:

Last edited:
You mean we could have been getting paid for putting all our random U2-related mutterings and opinions in a book instead of on Interference??! If only we had known...!

With or Without You
Running to Stand Still
Where the Streets Have No Name
Bad
All I Want is You
Until the End of the World
Gone

My list
(the one I have now on my mind)
1. BAD
2. WALK ON
3. MIRACLE DRUG