(04-28-2005) 4,000 Fans Flock to U2 Video Shoot in Vancouver -- CTV*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
4,000 Fans Flock to U2 Video Shoot in Vancouver

CTV.ca News Staff

A few thousand fans got a rare chance to star alongside Irish rockers U2 yesterday, as the band filmed their latest music video in Vancouver.

Looking for 4,000 people to play an audience, the band issued an open casting call through radio stations in the Lower Mainland.

Even though the work was unpaid, the chance to see the mega-band for free proved a big draw.

Nearly 12 hours before filming was set to begin, fans were lining up outside the city's GM Place for the chance to be part of a video for the song City of Blinding Lights.

"We came all the way from Halifax just to see the show," a pair of ecstatic students told CTV News, pleased that they were among the lucky few who would be getting two shows for the price of one.

"I came all the way from Montreal just to see U2," another fan enthused. "This is just awesome, I'm like the biggest fan ever."

Ahead of the band's pair of sold-out shows at the same venue this Thursday and Friday, Vancouver is in the grips of a strain of U2-fever that began months ago.

Before heading out on the world tour in support of their latest album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, the band rehearsed in the West Coast city.

Before their tour wraps up, U2 is also slated to perform in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.

Back
Top Bottom