(04-25-2005) Sandy Hylton, Personal Chef -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Sandy Hylton, Personal Chef

U2.com has just added the third in its on-going series of interviews with Vertigo Tour crew members. The latest is with personal chef Sandy Hylton.

The complete members-only interview can be read here but a snippet is available below.

How I Ended up Working With Them
My name was recommended I think. I was working for a company called Flying Saucers - I was assigned to work on Popmart with U2 at a time when diet was becoming more important – like Bono for example has some food allergies which need to be managed. And I think the band generally were looking for a healthier lifestyle. I moved to Dublin and worked in the studio with them when they were recording All That You Can’t Leave Behind and after that I travelled with them on the road on the Elevation Tour. These days I have my own catering company, Taste Buds, based in Brighton where I live.

Working with U2 compared to other touring bands
It’s very grown up with U2, which I like. I have worked with some bands who are loud and punky and I feel too old for that! I love the way U2 rock. It doesn’t really compare to other bands, it’s unique.

Back
Top Bottom