(04-25-2005) How to Get Into the Ellipse -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
How to Get Into the Ellipse

Because some of you are still confused about how to get into the Ellipse we have added a new sub site with the Facts ...

North American Vertigo 2005 GA Door Entrance Procedure

1) Only one designated entry point (set of doors) will be assigned for the General Admission ticket holders to enter the building. All reserve seat ticket holders will be directed to the other entry points to the building

2) No line ups will be permitted prior to 9:00 am the day of the show.

3) All General Admission ticket holders will be asked to form two lines at this entry point:
a. U2.Com Presale floor Ticket purchasers
b. General Public Floor Ticket Purchasers

Please note:
On shows that had an U2.Com presale, the tickets for each of the U2.Com members is identifiable by a code of their ticket. As a result of this code, each U2.Com member who purchased a presale ticket will be able to enter the venue from the U2.Com line. For the shows that did not have an U2.Com presale (usually the second show in a city), U2.Com members will be asked to SHOW A PRINTOUT OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP PROFILE, WHICH CAN BE FOUND UNDER MY PROFILE ON THE MAIN MENU BAR OF THE SUBSCRIPBERS HOME PAGE.

4) Wrist banding and Ellipse Entry process

a. ON entry, Venue staff will conduct a body search and ticket scan.

b. All floor ticket holders will then be directed past a wrist-banding table where their ticket will be marked and they will have a non-transferable general floor wristband placed on their wrist.

c. Every ticket holder will then continue along the tables to a computer scanner that will, using a random numerical process, select tickets for entry to the Ellipse

d. Each ticket selected for the Ellipse will enable both the ticket holder and a companion accompanying them into the Ellipse.

e. Each selected ticket and ticket of their companion will be hole-punched upon selection and they will be directed to the Ellipse wrist-banding table where they will receive a second non-transferable wristband permitting entry to the Ellipse.

f. Those not selected will be instructed to proceed to the floor AREA. g. Random selection will continue from the full capacity of the floor until the ellipse capacity is reached. From the first person arriving to the last person arriving, everyone, u2.Com members and general public alike, will have an fair opportunity to be selected to enter the Ellipse

h. The wristbands will provide re-entry privileges to their respective areas.

5) A tour supervisor will be available to brief the staff and answer any questions.

--U2.com

Last edited:
ElectricalVoice said:

Does this mean that the European Vertigo 2005 GA Door Entrance Procedure will be different? :shrug:

I think the policy will probably be decided closer to the start of the European leg. The North American policy wasn't put in place until right before the tour started.

Aren't all (or at least most) European shows mainly GA anyway?

What's the difference, bringing your membership profile if getting into the ellipse is random? :shrug: Fine, they can see that I paid an insane amount of money on E-bay after I paid an insane amount of money for membership because after my membership got me nosebleed seats, I thought it would be my only shot at GA for the whole tour!

It sounds like if it's not a presale date it doesn't matter what kind of GA ticket you have, as long as you have your profile.

Back
Top Bottom