(04-21-2006) Vote Larry Sexiest Vegetarian -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Vote Larry Sexiest Vegetarian

PETA is looking for the sexiest celebrity vegetarians and has once again thrown Larry Mullen Jr.'s name into the mix. Larry's up against a diverse list of about 100 other male celebrities that includes Anthony Kiedis, Don Imus, Ian McKellen, Leonard Nimoy and Prince. Voting takes place at GoVeg.com.

Of the poll, PETA says:

Fads are a dime a dozen among red carpet regulars, but there's one Tinseltown trend that won't be fading away any time soon: being vegetarian! More and more stars are taking on a new role—as models for a compassionate, healthy, and Earth-friendly lifestyle.

We couldn't possibly pick our favorite Hollywood hottie with a heart—they're all winners to us—so we need your help to crown the veggie king and queen in PETA's sixth annual World's Sexiest Vegetarian poll.

Among the nearly 200 sizzling celebs vying for this year's titles: V for Vendetta vixen Natalie Portman, desperate housewife Nicollette Sheridan, King Kong damsel Naomi Watts, country crooner Emmylou Harris, ravishing redhead Bryce Dallas Howard, Brokeback Mountain beauty Anne Hathaway, positively charming Alyssa Milano, CSI fox Jorja Fox, Veronica Mars' brainy beauty Kristen Bell, Walk the Line's dashing Johnny Cash Joaquin Phoenix, top NFL running back Ricky Williams, Oceans 12 heartthrob Casey Affleck, actor and 30 Seconds to Mars vocalist Jared Leto, pop superstar Prince, INXS lead singer JD Fortune, and Hollywood icon Sir Anthony Hopkins.

These stars' reasons for keeping animals off their plates are as diverse and inspiring as their talents, from avoiding the inexcusable cruelty to animals on factory farms and at slaughterhouses to improving their own health and helping the environment. Previous winners include Carrie Underwood, Chris Martin, Andre 3000, Tobey Maguire, Josh Hartnett, Alicia Silverstone, Lauren Bush, Natalie Portman, and Shania Twain.

Cast your vote today for the World's Sexiest Vegetarians, and stay tuned for the winners!

Past winners include Chris Martin, Tobey Maguire, Josh Hartnett and Alicia Silverstone.

veg.jpg

Pfft, we already know Larry is sexy. ;) I have to say, I was a vegetarian for many years, and even vegan for some of those, so props to that lifestyle... but ironically, in the process I developed a major dislike for PETA as an organization. :grumpy: :madspit: :uhoh: :yuck: :coocoo: :banghead: :angry: :no:

Last edited:
He's been a vegetarian since about the late 80s, I think. There's some funny stuff about it in Flanagan's book. Larry seems to be the health nut in the band, which is cute, since he's also supposed to be the tough guy. :wink:

Fun fact: PETA is on the FBI's list of most dangerous U.S. terrorist organizations.

Another fun fact: A PETA group recently rescued a bunch of dogs that were going to be euthanized from an animal shelter, decided they couldn't take care of them, and then killed them and put their bodies in a dumpster. All in the name of animal rights.

Last edited:
I'm also a vegetarian & know it's not always easy..... Way to go Larry!

Rachel D. said:
He's been a vegetarian since about the late 80s, I think. There's some funny stuff about it in Flanagan's book. Larry seems to be the health nut in the band, which is cute, since he's also supposed to be the tough guy. :wink:

Fun fact: PETA is on the FBI's list of most dangerous U.S. terrorist organizations.

Another fun fact: A PETA group recently rescued a bunch of dogs that were going to be euthanized from an animal shelter, decided they couldn't take care of them, and then killed them and put their bodies in a dumpster. All in the name of animal rights.

Some more ‘Fun Facts’ for you Rachel

Covance Fined for Violations of the Animal Welfare Act
One year after PETA's undercover investigator left the laboratory of animal-testing conglomerate Covance, the U.S. Department of Agriculture fined the company for violations of the Animal Welfare Act based on PETA's videotape evidence. PETA's investigator documented that workers were hitting monkeys, throwing them against cage doors, and psychologically tormenting them. Sick and injured monkeys were left in their cages without veterinary care. Deprived of any environmental enrichment to ensure their psychological well-being, monkeys circled frantically in their cages, pulled out their hair, and chewed their own flesh.

Spectrum Brands, Inc., Pledges to End Sponsorship of the Iditarod!
PETA, the Sled Dog Action Coalition, and countless individuals contacted Spectrum detailing the cruelty inherent in the Iditarod after learning that one of the company's subsidiaries was sponsoring the annual sled-dog race. We received a prompt, gracious response from Spectrum Brands that stated, "At a corporate level, we have now made the decision that we will not renew our sponsorship commitment in 2007, and as a corporation, will no longer be associated with the Iditarod."

ShopNBC Bans Fur Permanently!
After PETA showed officials at ShopNBC.com, the television shopping channel and online retailer for NBC TV, undercover footage of Chinese fur farms, they agreed to yank all fur from their catalog and adopted a permanent fur-free policy! ShopNBC.com joins the ranks of other major national retailers, including J.Crew, Wet Seal, and Forever 21, which all banned fur from their stores this winter following vigorous PETA campaigns.

PETA Halts J.Crew Campaign as Retail Giant Promises That Fur Is Out
For 11 weeks, PETA's supporters waged a vigorous campaign against retailer J.Crew, capturing headlines and attention throughout the nation, demanding that the chain stop selling fur clothing, fur trim, and fur accessories. This pressure, along with a tremendous outcry from J.Crew's own customers, who were shocked to see that the retailer was supporting the violent and bloody fur industry, paid off on November 30, 2005, when J.Crew confirmed that it will no longer sell fur. Joining the ranks of top fashion retailers H&M, Forever 21, Gap Inc., Banana Republic, and others that do not sell fur, J.Crew sent a powerful message to the clothing industry that putting rabbits, coyotes, foxes, and other animals through horrible lives and torturous deaths will not be tolerated.

The Victoria College Pledges to End the Use of Live Cats in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Courses
Stray cats in Victoria, Texas, will no longer be susceptible to being picked up by local animal control officials and taken to The Victoria College for use in endotracheal intubation teaching exercises associated with the Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course. Animal intubation laboratories typically involve forcing plastic tubes down cats' throats in order to create artificial airways, sometimes causing tracheal injury when performed by inexperienced students. PETA asked the college to instead adopt a sophisticated and widely used non-animal human patient simulator called PediaSIM. In his reply, Dr. Goodson agreed that PediaSIM would provide a "realistic lab experience" and made the following compassionate decision: "[T]he college plans to discontinue the use of live cats in this course and use manikins as many other teaching facilities do."

Now I don’t know how much ‘Fun’ you can handle on a Monday but there are lots of laughs here. I’ll bet you can’t watch the whole thing. You’ll be laughing so hard.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=mym2002&Player=wm&speed=_med

I am glad he is, we need peoplw like that. I am and is a good way of living, with all the hard work those guys have, they really need to feed themselves properly...besides , why do you think he looks so good and younG? TRY TO BE A VEGETARIAN!!!

Eliv8 said:

Who are you calling a hypocrite?

PETA. That was my point, that PETA is a hypocritical group. I don't care how much fur they kept out of stores; they don't practice what they preach when they think no one's watching.

Patricia Ryan said:
I am glad he is, we need people like that. I am and is a good way of living, with all the hard work those guys have, they really need to feed themselves properly...besides , why do you think he looks so good and younG? TRY TO BE A VEGETARIAN!!!

Well said Pat and welcome to Interference.

Back
Top Bottom