(04-19-2006) Romanian fans gather signatures for U2 concert - Bucharest Daily News*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Romanian fans gather signatures for U2 concert

Otilia Haraga

About 1,600 people have already signed a petition initiated by U2 fans on the Internet through which they are asking for the organization of a U2 concert in Romania. The Irish band's fans launched the petition on April 3, disappointed with the fact that the big bands "avoid" Romania, being at the same time encouraged by the success enjoyed by the upcoming Depeche Mode concert in Bucharest. Signatories have also registered the price they would be willing to pay for a ticket to the band's concert, the average being 60 euros. The document was posted on the Internet at the address http://petitie.atyclb.org/, where U2 fans are invited to support this initiative. The fans also have several other ideas in order to see their dream come true, among which include attracting prominent companies to sponsor the event, contacting concert organizers, and paying for mesh advertisements the size of a ten-story building. Depeche Mode fans in Romania also support the initiative of the U2 fans, the petition for the U2 concert being mentioned on the Web site of the Romanian Depeche Mode fan club.

U2 started this year the fourth leg of their "Vertigo" world tour, which encompasses North and South America, Australia and Europe. In August the band will hold concerts in cities like Vienna, Paris, Katowice, Zurich, Milan and Rome.

http://www.daily-news.ro/article_detail.php?idarticle=25316

"In August the band will hold concerts in cities like Vienna, Paris, Katowice, Zurich, Milan and Rome. "

What the hell is that???? That was in 2005...... not this year, right??

It sure smells like it but I'm sure Otilia's getting a lot of questions about that right about now.

But it does mention fourth leg.

:scratch:

:confused:

in Hungary we also made a kind of petition signing in 2005

but i think there's no chance for another leg, but it's a nice try

but there's a bit misunderstanding because there WERE concerts in Katowice, Vienna, etc. and not WILL be...but of course I wouldn't mind if there would be concerts again :)))

Last edited:
Re: (04-19-2006) Romanian fans gather signatures for U2 concert - Bucharest Daily News*

HelloAngel said:
In August the band will hold concerts in cities like Vienna, Paris, Katowice, Zurich, Milan and Rome.
I so much hope that that's not a mistake. :drool: :drool:

Mi-a-hii
Mi-a-huu
Mi-a-haa
Mi-a-ha ha

Mi-a-hii
Mi-a-huu
Mi-a-haa
Mi-a-ha ha

Mi-a-hii
Mi-a-huu
Mi-a-haa
Mi-a-ha ha

Mi-a-hii
Mi-a-huu
Mi-a-haa
Mi-a-ha ha

romania-lfbbe4.gif

vrais a pleche dar numa numa i-ay
numa numa i-ay numa numa numa i-ay

vrais a pleche dar numa numa i-ay
numa numa i-ay numa numa numa i-ay

*woould you trust this country with U2?

Last edited:
BonosBaby12 said:
That's the first I have heard of concerts in August :shrug:

Maybe they read the threads here, felt like they underplayed Europe, and scheduled more shows there. :drool:

:wink:

Yahweh_OMG said:
"In August the band will hold concerts in cities like Vienna, Paris, Katowice, Zurich, Milan and Rome. "

What the hell is that???? That was in 2005...... not this year, right??

I think so too...the band has said that Hawaii will be the last show of the tour.

zsuzso said:
in Hungary we also made a kind of petition signing in 2005
but i think there's no chance for another leg, but it's a nice try
but there's a bit misunderstanding because there WERE concerts in Katowice, Vienna, etc. and not WILL be...but of course I wouldn't mind if there would be concerts again :)))

:yes: I put this petition here: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135841

Well, you know, you can dream ... :shrug:

Egyébként: szia Zsuzso! :wave:

That Romanian petition site has bootleg audio from a show on it. :lol:

Probably not the best way to win points with U2.

^ u2 encourage bootleg trading and sharing, just not the selling of them :wink:

i think these fans could have something with this. good luck to them, but they still haven't reschedualed for Hawaii and the other dates. sooooooo.....

HelloAngel said:
In August the band will hold concerts in cities like Vienna, Paris, Katowice, Zurich, Milan and Rome.

??? :ohmy:

This is a mistake right?

It's quite a mistery to me why eastern europe is always left off by many bands.......................U2 didn't even never a gig in Russia in 30 years! Red Hot Chili Peppers made a great one in the Red Square

hcbiggs2002 said:
Maybe we Finnish U2 fans should think about sending a petition in too?! :hmm: Like that would make a blind bit of difference!?! :scream:

i'd like to start a petition for Bono to come and hang out at my house :wink:

(Sorry, I couldn't help it..........)

But I do sincerely hope the band might consider Romania, Finland, Kansas City, etcc... and may all your pleban wishes come true ;)

Back
Top Bottom